This reminds me of the play-off season under Reidy.

The dink was the correct move he failed by maybe an inch to beat the keepers finger tips , the amount of times you see that situation throughout a season and the striker hits the keeper on the floor when chipping him was the obvious thing to do.

Marco has made side career out if criticising our players and fans for years, great player , shit pundit.
Of course it wasn’t. Smashing it past the keeper to his right before he closed the angle was the correct option. The dink would be fine if he was already closed down, but he only got closed down because he failed to go earlier

The form since LJ came in, certainly since the Shrewsbury game, has been fantastic. You maybe get the feeling that we’re running out of steam now though. Realistically we’ll have to go to Hull and win and I don’t see that happening. Relying on the top two slipping up.

I'm resigned to the play offs and was never convinced we'd hit the top 2.

It's written in the stars 2 Wembley appearances and 2 wins with no or very few fans there to see them after 8 fruitless trips with thousands there.

Hey ho, I'll settle for that as long as we go up.

100% this. We are all cheesed off but it's not Johnsons fault.

Didn't help buying four players in the January transfer window that don't score goals when we were crying out for players that do, the two most likely to help out a little bit being unfit was never going to help either. It's never easy in January so can't complain too much but Stewart, Jones, Winchester and Vokins were never going to ease much of the burden on Wykes shoulders who at the time had only just started scoring a few goals himself

Playing right to the death and not quite being able to break into the top two.

Play-offs it will be and I bet we play f***ing Charlton again, if we get to the final of course... 🙄
Me to.... and Sanderson and O Nein remind me of Craddock and Williams in that order. Good lads playing well together but starting to get found out.

I'm hoping there's another big swing in the race for the top two.

Next three games are going to be crucial in that sense. IF we can get a win tomorrow it will feel less dire.....then the weekend is huge again.

Apart from the 4-0 win at Lincoln which flattered us, we have had no big wins.

The Reid team that got promoted after the playoff disappointment used to tear teams apart. Oxford 7-0, Tranmere 5-0, Bury 5-2.

Within 48 hours in the North West we beat Bolton 3-0 on a Sunday and Crewe 4-1 on a Tuesday. The extra season made sure we were ready for the Premiership when we got there.

Our current team are nowhere near good enough to compete in the Championship. Going out and buying a fresh team is not the answer.

In my opinion a top two spot is highly unlikely so the playoff lottery beckons. This does not feel like a promotion team. Wyke can only score headers and the other forwards and central midfielders barely score at all. Instead of Ross Stewart we should have gone for players like the Coventry lads that put 5 past us under Jack Ross. We seem to think you have to score every goal from a cross.
That’s absolute bollocks 😂😂😂 we’ve beaten a few teams by at least 3 goals this season . Stuck four past Doncaster away from home . Do you even watch the games ?

Apart from the 4-0 win at Lincoln which flattered us, we have had no big wins.

The Reid team that got promoted after the playoff disappointment used to tear teams apart. Oxford 7-0, Tranmere 5-0, Bury 5-2.

Within 48 hours in the North West we beat Bolton 3-0 on a Sunday and Crewe 4-1 on a Tuesday. The extra season made sure we were ready for the Premiership when we got there.

Our current team are nowhere near good enough to compete in the Championship. Going out and buying a fresh team is not the answer.

In my opinion a top two spot is highly unlikely so the playoff lottery beckons. This does not feel like a promotion team. Wyke can only score headers and the other forwards and central midfielders barely score at all. Instead of Ross Stewart we should have gone for players like the Coventry lads that put 5 past us under Jack Ross. We seem to think you have to score every goal from a cross.
In the league we've won 13 games by 2 or more goals this season, and 4 matches by 3 or more goals.

Last edited:

Back