This litte girl on the Isle of Bute

Hopefully she'll top hersel soon.
Seems to be f***ing about aroundIsrael and Palestine at the moment doing some Zionist propaganda for RebelTV. So hopefully a stray round from either side could just take her out.

Unfair. @Bob Fleming is a canny poster!
I'd like to think I'm only hateful and vitriolic to the hateful and vitriolic but I am a bit of a pissbag

All reports that I read made me think that it happened at home. How could a little girl just disappear? It's weird. Possible, but very weird.

Maybe it did or maybe it didn't but saying it may have happened at home suggests that she was killed by her parents. The police shouldn't really suggest that until it comes to court.

One of the detectives has come out and said 'social media speculation about member of the community are both misleading and inaccurate'. Can only be referring to the Hopkins really.

How can people get away with this shit.

One of the detectives has come out and said 'social media speculation about member of the community are both misleading and inaccurate'. Can only be referring to the Hopkins really.

Because the owners of social media sites don't care about the content as long as they're earning money from it.

Maybe it did or maybe it didn't but saying it may have happened at home suggests that she was killed by her parents. The police shouldn't really suggest that until it comes to court.
Grandparents. The mother didn't even know the girl was missing until after the girl was found dead.

I'm far from a lefty but to hear of a death and then make a post mentioning Syrian families going there, when there's absolutely no evidence to suggest any of them were involved, is absolutely disgusting and incredibly irresponsible. If the perpetrator had been from one of those families then I'm sure comment would be made but if it turns out, as appears to be the case, that they aren't then it's ridiculous that she has jumped the gun like that just to try and stir up hatred. There was absolutely no reason to make it into a race/ immigration issue, its disrespectful to the parents of the poor little girl. Presumably she isn't arsed about the death now that it wasn't caused by a Syrian :rolleyes:

I'm far from a lefty but to hear of a death and then make a post mentioning Syrian families going there, when there's absolutely no evidence to suggest any of them were involved, is absolutely disgusting and incredibly irresponsible. If the perpetrator had been from one of those families then I'm sure comment would be made but if it turns out, as appears to be the case, that they aren't then it's ridiculous that she has jumped the gun like that just to try and stir up hatred. There was absolutely no reason to make it into a race/ immigration issue, its disrespectful to the parents of the poor little girl. Presumably she isn't arsed about the death now that it wasn't caused by a Syrian :rolleyes:
From a little bit of reading this morning they appear to have settled well. Have helped the economy by working within the local industries - and spending money. One family have opened a bakery. It was the local council who applied for them to be housed there to help their economy - they needed people.

The Hopkins can then just throw some shit their way, gets spread around on social media and some of it will stick.

The images of her getting into the car to go to the scene are heartbreaking.
I didn't see them thankfully. I did however see the screenshots of the mother responding to the grandmother on Facebook asking what had happened with the grandmother seemingly ignoring her. That's what makes me believe that something has happened in that house.

Certain people have been slyly linking it to the 15 Syrian families who were relocated there.
My mam's sister has lived in Rothesay for years. Stayed with her a couple of years ago and the thing with the Syrian families was remarkable, really. There had been the usual, understandable, worries about housing them in a very small and remote community but locals were fiercely proud of their welcoming attitude, as opposed to this f***ing "Wicker Man" scenario which parts of the media wanted to play out.

Strange thing to say based on no evidence but if they’re right there will be ructions

The thing about this bit (and this is in no way aimed at you because I get what you mean) is that this is what these vile ghouls do all the time. Any aspect of any story, however tragic, however little information they possess, they will immediately link it to the thing that suits their f***ing twisted agenda.

Now, the immutable laws of chance dictate that sometimes their randomly spewed guesswork will "win" in their eyes and the eventual outcome will seem to back up, while being little more than matching the likely probability given the relative populations or whatever. But it doesn't matter, because whenever the randomly hurled dart of bigotry lands - however rarely it actually does - the usual gullible followers seize on it all over social media and make it an inevitable consequence off whichever thing they happened to be furious about to begin with.

...an inevitable consequence off ...

f***ing auto-correct. Apologies to anyone offended , and have reported myself expecting a lengthy ban.

Last edited:
Iirc there were 2 coppers on the entire island, mate n his now wife worked in main hotel.
Imagine it’ll be different now!!!
RIP. Awful thing to read about.
I worked there for a couple of weeks about 25 yrs ago. No cops on the island, the first shift came over on the first ferry and the second shift went back on the last one. Pubs open all night basically.

Back