This is the 3rd season in div 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this place. So bipolar :lol::lol:

For me this performance and result is a real indicator of where we are as a team.

My 'bi-polarity' oscillates around 'hope' and 'belief'.
The good results give me 'hope' - but I really have no real 'belief' in the manager or team to get promoted - not like I did under Keane, or Reid.

And part of the reason I don't believe in them is because I don't think they actually believe in themselves.

It's all about how we react to this against Rochdale.

Hull were unbeaten then lost 4-1 the other week but won 3-0 the next game. Ipswich were unbeaten then lost 4-1 and got beat again today. We'll find out a lot about this team on Tuesday.
Absolutely this. If we start losing multiple games with the same sort of weak effort then it's a worrying problem

At the moment it is our first loss of the season to a team who will be at least in the play offs.

Surely no one thought we were going to win every single game and have not a single shit game all year?

Leadbitter literally passed the ball to an attacker who then went and had a 1v1 shot on goal. That isn't likely to happen every game.

Let's have a bit of patience to see if the sky is truly falling or if it was just one of the few bad games that every single team has.

A defeat with the last kick of a play off final, then a worldwide pandemic ends last season early is imo just unlucky. The nonsense i've seen on here from so called fans is an absolute joke.

We were poor yesterday but fuck me the comments are an embarrassment.

A defeat with the last kick of a play off final, then a worldwide pandemic ends last season early is imo just unlucky. The nonsense i've seen on here from so called fans is an absolute joke.

Yeah, agree, it's clear we aren't a great team, but I still think the squad, if managed properly, is good enough to get us out of this division.

We been poor majority of the season. How are peoples comments embarrassing?

We sat on the edge of our own box after been given a gift on 3 minutes at Wembley - no luck involved as it was only a matter of time when they scored and any SAFC fan being honest with themselves will know this.
We drew at home to Gillingham and lost to Bristol Rovers just prior to the season curtailment - dropping out of the play off spots - again, no luck involved there. Yes, it was only 2 points but we'd played at least a game more than everyone above. Peterborough were unlucky as were taken out of the play off places, we weren't.

Nothing to do with luck, we weren't good enough on either occasion when it mattered.

Last edited:
We been poor majority of the season. How are peoples comments embarrassing?
A lot of comments I've read after the previous wins were "we look laboured but if we have to put up with that and grind out 1-0 wins then so be it"

That approach didn't work for the first time this season and putting are kicking off that we are one of the worst teams in the league.

There just needs to be some perspective. We aren't going to win every game 5-0 and we aren't even going to win every game 1-0. Nearly every team in this league has a mediocre team in reality but in context someone has to be better than the others, so we have every chance without mediocre players to still be in the play offs or better.

This was our worst performance yet that happened against the best team yet to play, and I don't believe that the former was caused by the latter, just the former unfortunately for us happened when we were playing the latter, so the result is obviously a shit one.

A lot of comments I've read after the previous wins were "we look laboured but if we have to put up with that and grind out 1-0 wins then so be it"

That approach didn't work for the first time this season and putting are kicking off that we are one of the worst teams in the league.

There just needs to be some perspective. We aren't going to win every game 5-0 and we aren't even going to win every game 1-0. Nearly every team in this league has a mediocre team in reality but in context someone has to be better than the others, so we have every chance without mediocre players to still be in the play offs or better.

This was our worst performance yet that happened against the best team yet to play, and I don't believe that the former was caused by the latter, just the former unfortunately for us happened when we were playing the latter, so the result is obviously a shit one.
I think we have been average at best majority of season mate and that is not a kneejerk off yesterdays result. As for Pompey, i don't think they were any great shakes. Average team n that worries me.

To be honest I think a lot of fans are past caring and only seem to pipe up to "have a go" at the players, manager, owner etc. I've never known the fanbase to be as toxic as it is right now..,,how about getting off their backs and just wait and see where we are come February/March time.....again some of the comments make me ashamed to be a Sunderland supporter....I never knew apart from st james park that you could get so many simpletons into one place. We WILL be back up one day but yeah it might take longer than expected, ask leeds and sheff utd

I think we have been average at best majority of season mate and that is not a kneejerk off yesterdays result. As for Pompey, i don't think they were any great shakes. Average team n that worries me.
Even if we have been average we have generally looked better than those we've played and as poor as Portsmouth may be in the wider context of professional football, they are still a "good" team in this league. Which is why in my opinion when we had a particularly off day, they beat us.

I genuinely don't think there is really any great player in league 1 as otherwise they wouldn't be in league 1, but that is the context we have to view our own players and the competition. We just have to be less shit than the others basically. Which is sort of how we treated the final seasons in the premier League, we had to grind out results and be less shit than the others.

Even if we have been average we have generally looked better than those we've played and as poor as Portsmouth may be in the wider context of professional football, they are still a "good" team in this league. Which is why in my opinion when we had a particularly off day, they beat us.

I genuinely don't think there is really any great player in league 1 as otherwise they wouldn't be in league 1, but that is the context we have to view our own players and the competition. We just have to be less shit than the others basically. Which is sort of how we treated the final seasons in the premier League, we had to grind out results and be less shit than the others.
Looking at us now, we won't finish top 2 imo. 5/6th place. Lack of goals and a negative midfield will cost us.

Absolutely this. If we start losing multiple games with the same sort of weak effort then it's a worrying problem

At the moment it is our first loss of the season to a team who will be at least in the play offs.

Surely no one thought we were going to win every single game and have not a single shit game all year?

Leadbitter literally passed the ball to an attacker who then went and had a 1v1 shot on goal. That isn't likely to happen every game.

Let's have a bit of patience to see if the sky is truly falling or if it was just one of the few bad games that every single team has.

same happened last year and the year before, a win at Rochdale hopefully will get us back on track but we need to be top 2 nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back