This is Spinal Tap- BBC1 11.40PM

At the Auld Rockers Quiz which @GTG and I have attended religiously for the last 10 year the question was asked 'What was St. Hubbins the patron saint of?
I was the only one who got it :cool:
Quality footwear.
spinal tap is the only film on the imdb that gets a rating out of 11.
:lol: Never realised that. Class.
Interesting Dobbie factoid. He shat himself every night.

He got so worked up during the set he would literally shit himself. He had a few towels on the rider for every gig and used them after every performance.

I saw the state of the towels a couple of times.

THAT wasn’t in the film.

The bit about the shape of the bread versus the shape of the meat? Yep. Not Saxon though.

I could go on. But I’ll not.
Dear me.

You're on an anonymous poster on a Sunderland football forum, and it's ancient history. Why not just dish the dirt?

Last edited:
It's so dry. I'd never heard of Spinal Tap the first time I saw it. For the first 20 minutes I took it at face value and found myself wondering who the hell are these idiots.

Hard to say which are my favourite bits, but I'd throw in David St Hubbins introducing "Jazz Odyssey" with an accusative, "He wrote this" aimed at Derek Smalls. And Derek Smalls himself talking about what he'd do if he wasn't in the band. "Probably work with children". Which, of course, is exactly what he'd spent the previous 20 years doing.

Genius film. Though I'm not sure what to make of these lyrics:

You're sweet but you're just four feet
And you still got your baby teeth
You're too young and I'm too well hung.

As much as I love Spinal Tap, I think I prefer Best In Show. Probably because it's full of dogs.

The 'enge idea came from Black Sabbath's stage set for the Born Again tour.

Not according to Geezer Butler. But then how would he know? And the similarity (measurements given in imperial but set produced in metric) is too striking to be mere coincidence. The difference being that Sabbath’s Stonehenge was so (mistakenly) big that the curators of the real monument actually turned down the opportunity of a free replica for display because the size of it was so unmanageable. 😎

Back