This car bomb in Malta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all of the other information that ppl have provided.
Very interesting
. No idea where this will all end

Two and a half percent of Malta's entire GDP comes from selling passports for just under a million quid to people who have no Maltese links and most of whom won't ever live on the island - most of them from Russia, the former Soviet republics and the middle east. About 12% of GDP is from gambling.

Caruana Galizia's stories suggested that some of the offshore accounts held by politicians and revealed in the Panama Papers were used to receive kickbacks in connection with the receipt of some of these passports. And to receive some very strange payments from Azerbaijan.

Put all that together, and not much surprise that it's bordering on being a mafia state.
Big connections with Russia and Libya

Last edited:

I've read that the victim was part of a group who released information known as the panama papers.

its the place where a lot of elite, including David Cameron, squirreled away their money, to avoid tax.

a lot of them faced highly embarrassing criticism and now by off chance this journalist is blown up.

it has been on the news in the uk

Was not aware of this at all. Thought it was only a place full of old grannies living out there twilight years in the sun.
Twenty years ago it probably was.
Now the place has been a victim of its own success. There are people coming to live here from literary alover the world.
Tourism is booming, from my observation in sliema the average age of the international tourist is mid twenties (exclude British)
Rents are rising along with corruption, you can get away with the almost anything.
The sun is nearly always shining food and drink very reasonable and stunning women everywhere you go.

Twenty years ago it probably was.
Now the place has been a victim of its own success. There are people coming to live here from literary alover the world.
Tourism is booming, from my observation in sliema the average age of the international tourist is mid twenties (exclude British)
Rents are rising along with corruption, you can get away with the almost anything.
The sun is nearly always shining food and drink very reasonable and stunning women everywhere you go.
I'm possibly moving there later this year (St Paul's). Interesting to hear your thoughts on living there like. PM?

I'm possibly moving there later this year (St Paul's). Interesting to hear your thoughts on living there like. PM?
Feel free to PM me however I'm not a fan of that area.

On the weekend @Its Him Again popped out of the country.Interesting.
Worrying times ahead. As mentioned loads of times before it's more corrupt than you can ever imagine.
You can literally organise anything and I mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back