This car bomb in Malta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just walked through background on her and the stories she was uncovering about alleged links to Azerbaijan and the govt.
Was it not Panama ?

Malta is being run by Russian mafia and other eastern European gangs these days...

Corrupt as anything.. This is the start of it
The bombings so far have all been carried by locals as far as I'm aware marra.
People used to take the piss when I said this is the most corrupt country in Europe.
I know a lot and it's like the wild west

Last edited:
dad in law used to run the dry docks in valetta a few year back. was an interesting job to say the least. some dodgy bastards over there.

dad in law used to run the dry docks in valetta a few year back. was an interesting job to say the least. some dodgy bastards over there.
Yip I know some over here . I get in well with them . Don't take the piss. It's all about respect.
I still love the island.
My late dad's ashes are in Valletta harbour.
Went to visit him today on his birthday.
Got one of the small boats into the harbour, the bloke was 79 year old who captained the boat.
First thing he said without prompting was I'm glad that women was blown up last week.
This place is strange at times

Was it not Panama ?

The bombings so far have all been carried by locals as far as I'm aware marra.
People used to take the piss when I said this is the most corrupt country in Europe.
I know a lot and it's like the wild west
It was the Panama papers. But she had apparently been looking at links between the Maltese government and Azerbaijan

Two and a half percent of Malta's entire GDP comes from selling passports for just under a million quid to people who have no Maltese links and most of whom won't ever live on the island - most of them from Russia, the former Soviet republics and the middle east. About 12% of GDP is from gambling.

Caruana Galizia's stories suggested that some of the offshore accounts held by politicians and revealed in the Panama Papers were used to receive kickbacks in connection with the receipt of some of these passports. And to receive some very strange payments from Azerbaijan.

Put all that together, and not much surprise that it's bordering on being a mafia state.

Not really relevant to the thread, but I was less than half a mile from where the bomb went off the week before while on holiday. Seems odd that something so violent can happen in a place like that.

It's nothing to do with terrorism marra.
It's normally rival gangs .
Been going on since the sixties

It made news in UK I think ?
It did, one morning during the week think was Wednesday, article was being discussed about 4:00am, wasn't on the main BBC news.

Dodgy as fk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back