This board and our fans are toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a popular opinion but it's a fact we are becoming toxic. The team is woeful and playing without confidence. It's not a lack of effort it's the fact that the team is much weaker than this time last year and even then you could see our weaknesses across the park.
If I was a potential buyer or player and looked at this board I'd be keeping away from the place as it's a career threatening move.
Would be a weak willed player to take a supporters view to heart.

Here we go again, fans fault. After successive relegations caused by incompetent owners, executives and managers buying useless,
disinterested players our club is in the third division. Despite that last season our crowds actually increased! We have 24,000 season ticket holders which is 6 times the capacity of Burton who beat us in our last home at a canter. The fans rightly expect us to beat teams like this when we have players like McGeady and Grigg who probably paid more in a week than the entire Burton team. Accrington's record transfer fee paid is £80k we paid £3m for Grigg potentially £4m which is 50 times that £80k. How the hell is that the fans fault in any way. Toxic? Wait til we get relegated to the 4th division with Parkinson. Then you will see toxic. Big style.

Last edited:
Not a popular opinion but it's a fact we are becoming toxic. The team is woeful and playing without confidence. It's not a lack of effort it's the fact that the team is much weaker than this time last year and even then you could see our weaknesses across the park.
If I was a potential buyer or player and looked at this board I'd be keeping away from the place as it's a career threatening move.

there's plenty other boards. i don't see why this one would take precedence over any other

A measured response
A f***ing stupid post!

The club has gone to absolute shite, now I’m the most laid back bloke, but a couple of weeks ago I watched us get beat 1-2 at home to a team I can’t even remember the name of, we showed a lack of effort all over the pitch and by our management team. They deserve all the abuse they get!

The players need to realise how lucky they are at a club like this.

I'm sure potential players look at this board and think, hold on I don't want to make money I'll stick where I am. It certainly is a lack of effort from the team, that Coventry game was probably the worst performance I've seen since I've been going. Had there been any effort they would have been backed, there was absolutely nothing being shown.

If any player turned around and said they don't want to come because the fans are toxic when the team underperform then thank fuck they turned it down.

Any player signing should be thinking they can make us better therefore the team improves, we start winning and fans are happy.

We've had years of been kicked in the bollocks on and of the pitch man ffs. There's been a conveyor belt of owners, managers, players and directors of whatever made a right pigs ear of their job in one way or another. People are fed up. I know people who would never have a bad word said seriously considering not renewing season tickets and have already stopped going to away games. The only thing our fans can be accused of is that they let the club consume them and that's done out of their loyalty. We live in a world where time off and work and disposable income are both precious. Folk will soon realise that there's other things to do with both.

I'm tired of this rhetoric. Its a massive cop out from everybody and its going to be used until someone has the balls to pull it apart.
I don't know of an easier set of fans in football to play in front of. We clap a simple switching of play. We cheer tackles and even roar on players who are closing down!
Do we groan, yes. But its not more than what you see our managers and other players doing themselves.
As long as people are willing to trot out its a hard place to play football then nothing will improve as we are giving the players, managers and owner an excuse right from the get go. (so they aren't going to change it, which means its all pointless!)
It makes no difference how many fans we have at games, we seem to be equally as poor at the minute. We are worse away from home so surely that should blow the argument away.
We've now said it so often that the opposition are buying into it, and its totally balls. We are defeating ourselves by making it a big deal, we will be influencing potential signings and its all just a big excuse to cover up poor form.
It is a total lie that this is the fans fault, and that to play at Sunderland you have to be tough. Is there expectation? Of course when we are league one, and any player who has signed for us has done so in the full knowledge and hope that we will be getting promoted. If no fans were there the expectation would still be the same.

Last edited:

Dear me, of course they are lacking in effort. Do you think 6 straight away defeats in league one suggests they're trying. Wake up man.

Anyone blaming fans are an idiot imo.

I don't think we've a god given right to win any game, in any division. I do however, expect maximum effort, a moderate ability to pass a f***ing football and comments from a manager that don't suggest he'd be twatting delighted to sneak a point away to Gillingham. May as well throw in team selection and tactics (or lack of) for that matter. I'll give you the tactics now for the next match:

Lump the fucker up to Wyke. If he's fit.

And I'm what people have classed as a 'happy clapper' n the past. The state of this club at the minute is f***ing unbelievably bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back