Things that irritate you more than they should

People - invariably middle aged women but some younger - who, during my weekly Sunday morning swim, walk up and down the pool chatting and pretending that it’s some kind of hydrotherapy or Aqua fitness exercise*. Even worse when they pretend that they are actually swimming by making the hand and arm motions but are actually touching the bottom of the pool and walking whilst chatting.

I should mention that the pool is the same depth along its entire length - so they can walk up and down quite easily.

Irritates me illogically.

* yes I know it’s a valid form of exercise. But in my head, the way they are doing it is just an excuse for a chat

The modern thing of people starting a sentence with the word 'so'. Really gets on my tits.

Also middle lane hoggers, and drivers who don't use their headlights when they should do (most drive black coloured cars - keep an eye out for this and you'll learn that my observation is correct).

My son :) Trying him to get him to do any revision for his GCSEs is turning into a nightmare. I am not a swearer or a shouter, but what starts as gentle persuasion, quickly descends into a screaming match with me swearing like a trooper.

Not the best parenting role model, but I can not help myself.

Back