Things Alexa can't do...

Gain my trust, couldn't think of anything worse than giving a little piece of technology unbridled control to my Music, Photos, phone numbers and personal information.

Nothing to hide but it deeply unsettles me the allowances people give to something that is in essence a listening device.
I object to throwing away my privacy for convenience, i'll just do things the old fashioned way.

Gain my trust, couldn't think of anything worse than giving a little piece of technology unbridled control to my Music, Photos, phone numbers and personal information.

Nothing to hide but it deeply unsettles me the allowances people give to something that is in essence a listening device.
I object to throwing away my privacy for convenience, i'll just do things the old fashioned way.
We had a massive thread about whether or not your phone listens to you so it can sell you stuff, yet people are voluntarily putting a device in their homes whose sole purpose is to spy on you so it can sell you stuff.
What do you think Amazon’s motivation is?

I'm in the 2 % marra
Me too. I can effortlessly segue from the wiggle to the waddle.

Last edited:
We had a massive thread about whether or not your phone listens to you so it can sell you stuff, yet people are voluntarily putting a device in their homes whose sole purpose is to spy on you so it can sell you stuff.
What do you think Amazon’s motivation is?

Me too. I can effortlessly segue from the wiggle to the waddle.
The sales are their focus, making amazon the one stop shop for everything, the convenience i can understand, what unsettles me is how they use your data, it's all well and good creating things i might like to buy in lists, it's a different proposition entirely if they sell my data onto third parties as happens already with other companies, it is massed, credit card details, adresses and phone details.
Its a hackers wet dream.

Back