Thin Lizzy

has anyone seen Black Star Riders, the band Scott Gorham formed from the last touring version of Thin Lizzy featuring Ricky Warwick and until recently Damon Johnson who also played with Alice Cooper. cut very much from the same cloth as Lizzy but play their own stuff with a couple of Lizzy classics chucked in for good measure.
Yes, my ears are still ringing.

Here's a little clip of a fantastic cover of Still In Love With You. One of the best ive heard.

Currently playing this in the car the last few days.
One of the best Rock albums of all time and just count myself lucky that I saw them live a few times.

Phil Lynott still remains still one of my favourite song writers and an incredible front man.
Not one bad track on this set.

Second band I ever saw live.

Quo March 6 in 1976 at City Hall Blue for you tour.

Thin Lizzy Nov 1 1976 Jailbreak tour. Also City Hall.

Both fantastic.

Last edited:
Second band I ever saw live.

Quo March 6 in 1976 at City Hall Blue for you tour.

Thin Lizzy Nov 1 1976 Jailbreak tour. Also City Hall.

Both fantastic.

Just checked on net, was called called Johnny the Fox tour ??? Don't recall that mind.
Saw them at the City Hall in about 1981. Gary Moore was playing at Newcastle poly the same night and Phil Lynott came over and played with him. Memorable night.

Lucky barsted !

Last edited:
Just checked on net, was called called Johnny the Fox tour ??? Don't recall that mind.

Lizzy released JTF at the back end ( Nov 76 ) after releasing Jailbreak in early 76....i remember getting JTF and also my first record player for xmas 76 ...

Some of those wouldnt be in my 6. theres no “Wild One” ”Suicide” or “Cowboy Song”

Last edited:
Currently playing this in the car the last few days.
One of the best Rock albums of all time and just count myself lucky that I saw them live a few times.

Phil Lynott still remains still one of my favourite song writers and an incredible front man.
Not one bad track on this set.

Indeed it is, but what I would say is, if you haven't already, get the later "Still Dangerous" (2009) companion album, without overdubs. There is a little 'overlap' but you could create a playlist with tracks from each, depending on which version you prefer, that's what i did anyway :).

Back