Thin Lizzy

Currently playing this in the car the last few days.
One of the best Rock albums of all time and just count myself lucky that I saw them live a few times.

Phil Lynott still remains still one of my favourite song writers and an incredible front man.
Not one bad track on this set.

Great band, we always get a great reaction when we play their songs.

Added Jailbreak to our set and I bought an air raid siren for on stage, first time playing it half the audience who were in of the older generation nearly dover under their tables thinking it was the war when they heard it go off 😂

Didn't get Rock Legends CD Box Set when it came out earlier in the year and regretted it then tried to find it on Amazon with no luck - any advice greatly received!

Another vote for Limehouse Lizzy. Lynott has gone, these are the nearest you will get.
If you see them advertised anywhere near you, go and see them.
has anyone seen Black Star Riders, the band Scott Gorham formed from the last touring version of Thin Lizzy featuring Ricky Warwick and until recently Damon Johnson who also played with Alice Cooper. cut very much from the same cloth as Lizzy but play their own stuff with a couple of Lizzy classics chucked in for good measure.

My recollection of conversations at the time:

The ‘farewell tour’ thing was a ploy by their publicist to sell tickets and get maximum publicity. It was, at that time, a well used device for that purpose. Only trouble was that a combination of rock fan cynicism and Lynette reputation of straightforward honesty (an important aspect of ‘street cred’ at the time too) meant that they were trapped. He didn’t want to break up the band. It did for him.

My recollection of conversations at the time:

The ‘farewell tour’ thing was a ploy by their publicist to sell tickets and get maximum publicity. It was, at that time, a well used device for that purpose. Only trouble was that a combination of rock fan cynicism and Lynette reputation of straightforward honesty (an important aspect of ‘street cred’ at the time too) meant that they were trapped. He didn’t want to break up the band. It did for him.

Its Lienott marra I asked him all those years ago.
The Lienott pronouncation is confirmed in the new film Songs for While I'm Away.

Back