These last three games.

• Thread starter Deleted member 37458
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 37458

Have been a ploy. We will now start winning games with boring regularity.

Have been a ploy. We will now start winning games with boring regularity.
The problem is these last three games have sucked any kind of enthusiasm anybody had. God knows how the players are feeling. We’ve now not got a long time until another league game. It’s going to need a lot of character to turn this around. Hopefully they’ve got it.

I'm sure the 4th cup game running next week will continue the run of 'stunning form'. Wouldn't it be a thing if Sunderland could ever get to the stage where winning games became boring!

TBH I couldn't give a shit about the cup games at the moment, but the main worry is the fact we've fielded strong sides. If we managed to win the Coventry and Burton games as we've done with the two home league games so far then it would be 12 points from 6 games. Given it currently sits at 6 points from 4 league games it actually beats Ross' last four games total at the moment anyway given we drew at Bolton, Rotherham, got beat at Lincoln and won MK Dons so he was on 5 points from 4 games.

Maybe it was an obvious attempt to exit 3 cup competitions and focus on the league

If you ignore the cup games, Parky's record (2 wins in 4, 2 clean sheets) isn't all that bad 😀

(That sound you can hear is me, clutching at straws)

Next 2 league games will be defining I think. We lose against Coventry and Burton and I think he's a gonner, as mad as that sounds

Next 2 league games will be defining I think. We lose against Coventry and Burton and I think he's a gonner, as mad as that sounds
I don't think the owners will make any significant changes this season. They've given him a 2.5 year deal (probably with a release clause at the end of this season)
I'd argue that he at least deserves a transfer window to bring in 2 or 3 of his own players.
My only worry is that he appears to be a big Charlie Wyke fan so the football we are about to witness/endure for the next few months isn't going to be pretty

Hopefully, we can shake off a few of these injuries (Gooch, Willis, Lynch) and start having some real competition for places. I'm no McGeady basher, but it's no coincidence we played our best football of the season when he was missing v Tranmere

The problem is these last three games have sucked any kind of enthusiasm anybody had. God knows how the players are feeling. We’ve now not got a long time until another league game. It’s going to need a lot of character to turn this around. Hopefully they’ve got it.
God knows how the players are feeling? I'll tell you, not give one little shit. Going thro the motions picking up their salaries.

The problem is these last three games have sucked any kind of enthusiasm anybody had. God knows how the players are feeling. We’ve now not got a long time until another league game. It’s going to need a lot of character to turn this around. Hopefully they’ve got
Maybe it was an obvious attempt to exit 3 cup competitions and focus on the league

If you ignore the cup games, Parky's record (2 wins in 4, 2 clean sheets) isn't all that bad 😀

(That sound you can hear is me, clutching at straws)
Join me in the happy clapper brigade.

Back