The Wolsley, Roker - anybody been??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quote Sr6 for 10% off your tenth pint
used to be alreet when they put bands on in there--went to see mates play there a couple of times. Although given where the band were always set up saying "see them" was perhaps stretching it a bit;)
Could always see the bass stood on bar while playing his riffs from Mr Big--can you guess who he is?
Played local circuit years ago (70's) in cracking band whose drummer sadly died a couple of years ago rip:(
Still on bass now in the pub band I refer to above

Last edited:
used to be alreet when they put bands on in there--went to see mates play there a couple of times. Although given where the band were always set up saying "see them" was perhaps stretching it a bit;)
Could always see the bass stood on bar while playing his riffs from Mr Big--can you guess who he is?
Played local circuit years ago (70's) in cracking band whose drummer sadly died a couple of years ago rip:(
Still on bass now in the pub band I refer to above
Aye John ,go away on biking hols with him ,good lad

Aye John ,go away on biking hols with him ,good lad
Good shot sir! Thought you would know. Not many can play that tune as good as him for sure
Cirkus were a great band anarl mind--think they had a bit of a following out Japan, China or somewhere out in far east?

Good shot sir! Thought you would know. Not many can play that tune as good as him for sure
Cirkus were a great band anarl mind--think they had a bit of a following out Japan, China or somewhere out in far east?
Knew him from White's days then bumped into him on bike tours moving in similar circles then 4 of us did a weeks riding in crete two years running
Got all the old band stories when they toured Europe then all the stuff running his business .Good crack.

Knew him from White's days then bumped into him on bike tours moving in similar circles then 4 of us did a weeks riding in crete two years running
Got all the old band stories when they toured Europe then all the stuff running his business .Good crack.
aye funny how getting paid off at Whites worked out for him--started up themselves with his mate from there iirc, Think he has retired now and Son runs it.
I was mates with Howie from Brass Alley who sadly passed away a couple of years ago in Portugal. He was well respected on circuit--had Paul Thompson (Roxy Music) sat with us in Sleepers a couple of times chatting to Howie.
Anyhow, canny crack but lets not clog up the thread:lol:

We went in for a couple of beers before the Everton q.final a few years back. It was like being in someone’s tired and tatty front room, hopefully it’s been done up since then.

@wq0pco not sure you'll get this if I'm still a prick on ignore but I took your advice and went a few months back and it was nice.

Didn't have the Sunday dinner though was it any good? Thanks friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back