The Wolsley, Roker - anybody been??

Hi All,

Feedback would be appreciated; going for a family do. Looks nice from outside mind you but what's the food like / general atmosphere / beer?

Thanks in advance.
Beer can be a bit ropey at times...and expensive. The bar is in the centre of the pub and so there's not a lot of room for dos (in my opinion).

Food is usually nice

Used to stink of the bogs, not piss but the cleaning crap they use.
The smell of the the food usually takes this away now
Other than that it's canny, I'm usually fecked when I get there after a couple of shandys in prev pubs in the way down mind.

Last time I was in the Wolsey they were giving away free copies of the book 'how to make friends and influence people". Sounds like you've already read it though mate.

Last time I nearly went in was before an early 80s Man Utd game. We parked up opposite and were just about to get out when a Salford Van Hire Luton style van pulled up. A lad jumped out and rolled the back up to reveal another 20-30 of em. They legged it straight into the The Wolsey while we drove off sharpish.

Have they left?

Any discount when mentioning GTD?
No mate not in this boozer.The avenue further up the road,I can get you owt ya want in there.

Free function room,free pool,free duke box .Anything .

The Wolsey used to be spelled the Wolseley.

I always wanted to go in and hadn't for a long time. I have since been in many times and I can confirm that as of my last visit, I liked it. Cheaper than alternatives like the Harbour View and a handy little beer garden etc. Probably my favorite of those Roker pubs.

The food always looked ok to me too.

Back