The Waffen SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

in your opinion I'm wrong.

in my opinion what I've said is correct

as for "end of story"? - what is that supposed to mean? a wee bit presumptuous if you ask me!

coca cola did not own or run "fanta during the war, fact

the ss uniform was not designed by hugo boss fact

the ss junior officers did not run these companies as you say, they were private companies given contracts fact

you are mixing a whole load of generalisations and passing them off to the unsuspecting as fact
even though you are wrong

Anyone recommend any good books to read on these naughty boys?

Twilight of the Gods a personal account from a member of the Viking Division.
Das Reich by Max Hastings. Two good ones from different aspects.

Regardless of what Walter may say, many SS Units fought with distinction. For example, no war crimes or atrocities were ever attributed to the Nordland or Nord Divisions but they were ultimately tarred with the same brush. Educated Israelis have acknowledged this fact and I would rather believe them than Walter.

coca cola did not own or run "fanta during the war, fact.....

i'm not a fan of Wiki but ask yourself, who gave Max Keith the contract?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Keith

.....the ss uniform was not designed by hugo boss fact....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15008682

....the ss junior officers did not run these companies as you say, they were private companies given contracts fact .....

and once again, who do you think gave them the contracts?

SS card holders got the contracts (from banking to manufacturing) from the aforementioned SS-WVHA Dept.

Last edited:
UZZA_SPARTA said:
did I say it was?

Quoting one sentence from a much bigger explanation is a bit odd, but I'm sure you'll have your reasons? :roll:

I highlighted the bit of text I found strange. Not sure what is odd about that.

Given the organisation, what they were capable of and the environment they were operating in I would have doubts about how relevant their business strategies would be when taken out of that context.

Regardless of what Walter may say, many SS Units fought with distinction. For example, no war crimes or atrocities were ever attributed to the Nordland or Nord Divisions but they were ultimately tarred with the same brush. Educated Israelis have acknowledged this fact and I would rather believe them than Walter.

where did the einsatzgruppen get their numbers from?

I don't think Walt is saying that Hugo Boss didn't supply the uniforms, but that he/they didn't design them.

As your own link states

:lol::lol:

i'm not a fan of Wiki but ask yourself, who gave Max Keith the contract?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Keith

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15008682

and once again, who do you think gave them the contracts?

SS card holders got the contracts (from banking to manufacturing) from the aforementioned SS-WVHA Dept.

do you still not get it???

didnt take much to find

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=42

..... SS card holders got the contracts (from banking to manufacturing) from the aforementioned SS-WVHA Dept.

And to add to that, or to clarify the point I was trying to make, it was during the Nuremberg Trials that the policy of the SS-WVHA Dept became clear:

"The State gives orders to the economy; the State does not exist for the benefit of the economy; but the economy exists for the benefit of the State."

All I've been doing was trying to give a wider view on the stereotype image of the SS, and how certain companies benefitted from being SS card holders.
I'm not that bothered who specifically designed what or which individual made this or that, because that doesn't really matter.

That book I quoted in a previous post gives an interesting account of how industry was manipulated during the war.

And to add to that, or to clarify the point I was trying to make, it was during the Nuremberg Trials that the policy of the SS-WVHA Dept became clear:

"The State gives orders to the economy; the State does not exist for the benefit of the economy; but the economy exists for the benefit of the State."

All I've been doing was trying to give a wider view on the stereotype image of the SS, and how certain companies benefitted from being SS card holders.
I'm not that bothered who specifically designed what or which individual made this or that, because that doesn't really matter.

That book I quoted in a previous post gives an interesting account of how industry was manipulated during the war.
you made out that the ss ran the companies you quoted , it didnt

oh and coca cola didnt operate in germany during the war lol

you made out that the ss ran the companies you quoted , it didnt....

maybe you should invest in a new pair of reading glasses then?

....oh and coca cola didnt operate in germany during the war lol

then you believe that if it makes you happy?

Original thread was all about the SS, Waffen SS, and what they did or didn't do during the war. My comments were about how the hollywood stereotype image wasn't the complete picture.

You seem to have a gift in then turning things into some kind of argument which have absolutely jack shit to do with the original topic? :roll:

maybe you should invest in a new pair of reading glasses then?

then you believe that if it makes you happy?

Original thread was all about the SS, Waffen SS, and what they did or didn't do during the war. My comments were about how the hollywood stereotype image wasn't the complete picture.

You seem to have a gift in then turning things into some kind of argument which have absolutely jack shit to do with the original topic? :roll:
coca cola cut off all ties during the war, fact, fanta was invented because of this

I know this is a technicality but the Einsatzgruppen were not the Waffen SS. But as ive said before the SS and the Wehrmacht itself is more complex than one may think.
Its like saying Wingate's Chindits, most were front line soldiers but when they were part of the Chindits they were'nt if that helps?
The Waffen SS were the fighting front line forces of the SS, if they became attached to other units (as they frequently did) they no longer are Waffen SS.
As to the War crimes they were convicted en masse without reguard to whether individuals had done anything. Many were conscripts who didnt have a choice to be part of the SS Waffen or otherwise.

I know this is a technicality but the Einsatzgruppen were not the Waffen SS. But as ive said before the SS and the Wehrmacht itself is more complex than one may think.
Its like saying Wingate's Chindits, most were front line soldiers but when they were part of the Chindits they were'nt if that helps?
The Waffen SS were the fighting front line forces of the SS, if they became attached to other units (as they frequently did) they no longer are Waffen SS.
As to the War crimes they were convicted en masse without reguard to whether individuals had done anything. Many were conscripts who didnt have a choice to be part of the SS Waffen or otherwise.

i know they werent but the men who were in the einsatzgruppen came from the waffen ss

i know they werent but the men who were in the einsatzgruppen came from the waffen ss

A percentage thats true.
I think from memory when it was formed they were Police (or some sort of Police as there wass various police types then) then as the war went on, members came from the Baltic states who when you read about them they were more sadistic than the Germans themselves!

A percentage thats true.
I think from memory when it was formed they were Police (or some sort of Police as there wass various police types then) then as the war went on, members came from the Baltic states who when you read about them they were more sadistic than the Germans themselves!

some members of the civilians police ,by the end of the war there was no civilian poilice it had been absorbed into the SS

Yes, the SS were responsible for everything in WW2. Every single one of them was a cold blooded murderer with blood on their hands.

You have to admire Allied propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back