The Waffen SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, the SS were responsible for everything in WW2. Every single one of them was a cold blooded murderer with blood on their hands.

You have to admire Allied propaganda.

well done to those who were not genocidal maniacal murderers , well done them

the waffen ss nordland division contained a t least one british unit

A percentage thats true.
I think from memory when it was formed they were Police (or some sort of Police as there wass various police types then) then as the war went on, members came from the Baltic states who when you read about them they were more sadistic than the Germans themselves!

Logon or register to see this image

A recent new book on who was actually doing the killing and who was pulling the strings.

Where have i said that??? Your trying to suggest i've said things that i haven't as you were earlier in this thread and are doing with everyone who offers an opinion that is different from the Gospel according to Mitty/Greed, who as someone has already been mentioned is infallable.

here

you on your period?

you said it was about who was actually doing the shooting and its a book about foreign units

it was a valid question

you on your period?

you said it was about who was actually doing the shooting and its a book about foreign units

it was a valid question

So nowt about it being only non-german units then?? :roll:

Read the book for yourself. It offers a interesting thesis regarding the whole qestion of responsibilty. It might improve your understanding of the complexities involved and who was doing what.

I could recommend other ones as well if you want but obviously your not in need of assistance as your always right.

Last edited:
So nowt about it being only non-german units then?? :roll:

Read the book for yourself. It offers a interesting thesis regarding the whole qestion of responsibilty. It might improve your understanding of the complexities involved and who was doing what.

I could recommend other ones as well if you want but obviously your not in need of assistance as your always right.

i was actually interested and it was a valid question, why the hissy fit?

i was actually interested and it was a valid question, why the hissy fit?

The book actually confirms some of your post about the Baltic members of Einsatzgruppen and paramilitary police forces but advances the theory that it was a plan of the Germans (Heydrich & Himmler) to encourage local "spontaneous" actions so as to reinforce the idea of most Europeans supporting Nazi policies and encourage further recruitment to their side be it in death squads or in a military capacity i.e. SS Freiwilligen Divisions. Actually a bit of a misnomer as later in the war it was more conscription than volunteering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back