The Waffen SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting off topic here boys. I'm talking about the fighting SS. The panzer and infantry units. Not those sad evil ***** that worked in the death camps.

In combat and military terms, they were a brilliant and formidable fighting unit - perhaps the most elite fighting unit of all time. But they did commit war crimes. That is beyond dispute. Having said that, so did the Wehrmarcht, but that seems to have been airbrushed out of history.

As for the branch of the SS that manned the death camps, the Totenkopfstandarten and Eintzagruppen - clearly beyond the pale.:evil:

Worth a read if you can be bothered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS#Soviet_Union

wonder in 2015 if we'll be able to celebrate 200 years since waterloo and 600 since agincourt or will it be pc not too

We should celebrate every victory over the French, keeps the buggers in their place!

They hav'nt won many wars:oops:

Well they won the first world war , Napoleons Grande Armee held most of Europe at one time, probably won a good percentage of the medieval conflicts ( we don't have Normandy or Aquitaine anymore)

French get bad press over the walk over in ww2, generally a very successful military nation. If you like that kind of thing

Well they won the first world war , Napoleons Grande Armee held most of Europe at one time, probably won a good percentage of the medieval conflicts ( we don't have Normandy or Aquitaine anymore)

French get bad press over the walk over in ww2, generally a very successful military nation. If you like that kind of thing
they had the most advanced army in the world and turned an ran for fucks sake:lol::lol:

crecy, angincourt, blenheim,waterloo

there are many more

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting off topic here boys. I'm talking about the fighting SS. The panzer and infantry units. Not those sad evil ***** that worked in the death camps.

The BBC documentary, The Nazis a warning from history, interview a Belgium bloke who volunteered for the Waffen SS. He lost an arm and still went back into the fight. He says he missed his comrades at the front. He gave as his reason for joining the SS was he wanted to fight against communism.

ask the vatican about that, see what they say?

Not the Vatican's finest hour. Officials there helped numerous Nazi and Croat war criminals escape to South America after the war, incuding Adolf Eichmann, Franz Stangl, Joseph Mengele, Eduard Roschmann, Gustav Wagner, Alois Brunner and the Croatian and Ustase leader Ante Pavelic.

they had the most advanced army in the world and turned an ran for fucks sake:lol::lol:

had most of it one the Maginot line didn't they ?

MY owld fella made no bones about how fast he ran out of France either, straight into the sea at Dunkirk.:lol:

Frances efforts in WW1 are usually very much overlooked though.

MY owld fella made no bones about how fast he ran out of France either, straight into the sea at Dunkirk.:lol:

Very true. Anyone who doubts the bravery of the French should read about Verdun.

verdun aye

Not the Vatican's finest hour. Officials there helped numerous Nazi and Croat war criminals escape to South America after the war, incuding Adolf Eichmann, Franz Stangl, Joseph Mengele, Eduard Roschmann, Gustav Wagner, Alois Brunner and the Croatian and Ustase leader Ante Pavelic.

And Martin Borman. Read Grey Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back