the various forms of creatine

Status
Not open for further replies.

My daughter (no) who's 18 plays in WSL. Just wondering whether 5g of Creatine before a game would do her any good?

She probably could do with that little boost I'm assuming Creatine would give her.

Firstly is it banned for footballers?
How long before a game should she take it?
Should she take 5g afterwards as well?
Is it ok for women and could there be side affects?

Ps I haven't mentioned this to her yet, just curious at this stage. Cheers lads.

My daughter (no) who's 18 plays in WSL. Just wondering whether 5g of Creatine before a game would do her any good?

She probably could do with that little boost I'm assuming Creatine would give her.

Ps I haven't mentioned this to her yet, just curious at this stage. Cheers lads.

Creatine doesn't have acute effects, your muscles need to be saturated, so it needs to be taken daily for performance benefits.

Creatine doesn't really work like that. It's not like caffeine or whatever.

You need to take it for a prolonged period to see any effect.

As far as I'm aware it is not banned in football.

Creatine doesn't have acute effects, your muscles need to be saturated, so it needs to be taken daily for performance benefits.

Oh. Didn't read this.

Btw, you didn't attach the attachment in that e-mail :lol:

Oh. Didn't read this.

Fuck sake, will get that sent over this afternoon!

Oh. Didn't read this.

Creatine is not on WADA's list of banned substances. I think it used to be banned in some countries (I think Zidane got into trouble in either France or Italy) but not in the UK.

It will probably improve athletic performance, virtually all athletes should take creatine, it's been tested and had been used in the real world for decades without any indication of health problems. About 5g per day and within a month her muscles will have reached saturation and will provide some kind of improvement but obviously don't expect it to turn her into the bionic woman.

It will probably improve athletic performance, virtually all athletes should take creatine, it's been tested and had been used in the real world for decades without any indication of health problems. About 5g per day and within a month her muscles will have reached saturation and will provide some kind of improvement but obviously don't expect it to turn her into the bionic woman.
Mentioned this to the daughter who's also on a sports based course and she thinks the stuff is the devils dandruff!!
She reckons she's studied it intensively as part of her course and its used mostly for recovery, really hard to burn off and ends up stored as fat!!

Doesn't sound right to me but she's adamant about it. I've sent her the link to this thread as well. Thoughts??

Mentioned this to the daughter who's also on a sports based course and she thinks the stuff is the devils dandruff!!
She reckons she's studied it intensively as part of her course and its used mostly for recovery, really hard to burn off and ends up stored as fat!!

Doesn't sound right to me but she's adamant about it. I've sent her the link to this thread as well. Thoughts??
Yeah my thoughts are she's wrong, I've never seem any peer reviewed studies which say that creatine is stored as fat, more importantly, it doesn't contain any calories and if our bodies didn't synthesise it we'd need to supplement it. Any chance she could elaborate

A) it's not used for recovery. It directly leads to an increase in muscular force through enhanced levels of muscular ATP.
B) Why would you want to get rid of it? It's harmless and your body produces it naturally. You're just upping the levels by supplementing it.
C) pretty much every high level athlete uses it - all of them are obviously really fat.

If she's claimed all that I strongly suspect she doesn't actually know what creatine is, let alone studied it.

A) it's not used for recovery. It directly leads to an increase in muscular force through enhanced levels of muscular ATP.
B) Why would you want to get rid of it? It's harmless and your body produces it naturally. You're just upping the levels by supplementing it.
C) pretty much every high level athlete uses it - all of them are obviously really fat.

If she's claimed all that I strongly suspect she doesn't actually know what creatine is, let alone studied it.
It's either another supplement or her teacher is a twat

It's either another supplement or her teacher is a twat

If you read the pot MP micronised creapure caps come in it does say 'May aid recovery'.

It may tbf, increased cellular ATP may enhance various cellular recovery processes but that's not it's primary use, as we all know.

Her lecturer must have an agenda then, because it's fine. It routinely gets passed by ethics boards for undergraduate research. If it was such a potential risk, undergraduates wouldn't be allowed to touch it for unpublished papers.

Nothing gets stored as fat. Not even fat. Surplus calories will make your body store fat.

It's the single most studied supplement out there, and is one of the few supplements that has stacks of evidence to show that it works (positively). Consequently, there must be a misunderstanding somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back