The vaccine thread

Moderna are now taking out lawsuits against Pfizer for using their MRNA technology. I thought they were in this together not for the money but to save lives

Money talks and shit walks

We’d be further ahead if we lived in a world where medical companies were incentivised to work together instead of having trade secrets and patent wars. Since both were tax funded by their respective countries, profit shouldn’t even be the focus after the cost was recouped. But of course, we don’t live in a world like that, unfortunately.

Besides tens of 1000s probably millions of vaccinated have globally succumbed to virus.... My point still stands eating good old fashioned healthy foods and regular exercise beats any covid vaccine.

Eat my shorts fatty
"Moderna’s lawsuit against Pfizer-BioNTech is unsurprising, given the broad US patents directed toward its mRNA technology, though they may be vulnerable to invalidity under the current case-law trends on written description and enablement... Pfizer-BioNTech could be liable for at least mid-single-digit royalties on past and future Covid vaccine sales if Moderna is successful.

-Bloomberg Intelligence analysts John Murphy and Sam Fazeli

Read the research

Moderna said it’s not asking the courts to pull the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid vaccine from the market nor to block future sales. The company is seeking damages for the period starting March 8 of this year and says it will not seek damages for Pfizer’s sales to 92 lower- and middle-income countries.

Early in the Covid crisis, Moderna promised not to enforce its intellectual property rights during the pandemic, but on March 7 it modified that pledge to apply only to lower-income countries, essentially making this litigation possible."

Not sure what point you are trying to make by this. Reads like a typical predatory patent suit when fishing for licensing, and they are only applying it to the mid / upper income countries. Last time I checked all of these outfits are unshamedly commerical companies.
Hiya, welcome back

You know it helps reduce the impact when you catch it right? Of course you do

Get well soon. Hope your Nigerian gf doesn’t catch it too

It is like Viz top tips - "Global pharmaceutical companies, don't waste billions on global clinical trials just inject one bloke on a messageboard and extrapolate to 6.5 billion people."

Last edited:

Back