The vaccine thread

13,989 doses in Wales today up by about 3,000 from yesterday
Scotland finally getting going.... 25k in last 24hrs. Ruth Davidson and Nicola Sturgeon ding dong battle in Scottish Parliament was a joy, 2 sharp politicians making Boris and Keir look like the dinosaurs they are.

Can someone confirm if I am right here: the vaccine only stops the real negative effects (death, serious illness) etc but it will not stop you catching it.

So once the population are vaccinated then Covid-19 becomes basically another flu which everyone basically learns to live with?

Can’t keep up with all the positive / negative stories as they seem to interchange on a daily basis. :lol:

Can someone confirm if I am right here: the vaccine only stops the real negative effects (death, serious illness) etc but it will not stop you catching it.

So once the population are vaccinated then Covid-19 becomes basically another flu which everyone basically learns to live with?

Can’t keep up with all the positive / negative stories as they seem to interchange on a daily basis. :lol:

Nobody really knows.

Most people predict once we hit high levels of immunity the virus will stop circulating anyway.

Waiting on results. Pfizer indications in Israel is that it prevents vaccinated individuals transmitting the virus. Early days on that score.

That is my understanding but we’ll need to Vaccinate the world population not just uk

I think about it like this.... you come in contact with some virus. Some vaccine fights and kills them. The vaccine might win outright, meaning you never develop the illness. Or the virus might win by passing a tipping point and you become ill. But the vaccine has done a good enough job of killing enough virus that it reduces how ill you become.

Back