The two penalty shouts

The minute I put other matches above Sunderland is the minute I pack it all in
The only time another game comes 1st is if the bairn has a match at the same time as the lads, he then chooses and he has always chose the lads 1st, would love to get to more aways with him but I only want them when I can get a loyalty point so we can guarantee going in years to come.

Personally don’t think Ballard was a penalty. He had his arms tight to his sides. He instinctively tried to get his body in the way of the shot. Yes it hit his arm but his arm was in a natural position. Are you mesnt to remove your arms before kick off ?
The lad was at 45 degrees 😂... definitely a penalty imo marra

It appeared as if you were saying his faux pas was due to defending like a midfielder. My point is that regardless of where he was playing he’d have been in there defending a corner.
Suppose so m8, my point is every game he decides to wrestle players to the floor and dive in, which as a midfielder is ok, mistime it, or get a pinnickity ref watching in the box and it’s a penalty waiting to happen.

Suppose so m8, my point is every game he decides to wrestle players to the floor and dive in, which as a midfielder is ok, mistime it, or get a pinnickity ref watching in the box and it’s a penalty waiting to happen.
I don’t think that’s been borne out yet this season though

I think Ballard thought it was gonna hit his arm so he tried to move it thus allowing ball to pass under his armpit . I also think the fella stuck his head between Onions arm thus unbalancing Onion and as he fell forward he put his arm up to appeal to the ref. Correct decisions.

But you weren’t there? Some fan :lol:

Why weren’t you at Elland Road super fan?
Couldn't get a ticket. You might have seen my post yesterday where I was hanging around in Leeds all day hoping for a spare, waited until 6.30.
Son was there though, got in at 1.30am.
I've got a ticket for West Brom, you going or are you flying out to Majorca for the Real Madrid game?

What on earth was Onien even trying to do.
He was stopping bamford getting a free header at goal, and it worked 😀
First one was crafty from Ballard but not a single player or fan went up for it in real time which shows you how hard of a decision it was.

Second is idiotic from O Nien after having a chunk of Rodons shirt. We were lucky the ref didn't have a clear view. It's something O Nien needs to cut out of his game as he'll cost us massively when refs are more wise to it next season.
It's not idiotic as he does it so the ref can't see it, he knows there is no VAR.

Last edited:
Both were penalties in my view so the referee got it wrong again. Very very poor.
Who cares, lost count how many poor decisions we have had against us, we were due a bit of luck. Plus they didn't deserve the win anyway, they did a lot of diving and trying to get players booked all game
People keep saying he's a penalty waiting to happen, how many pens as he actually gave away. He's a intelligent lad he knows there is no VAR and that you will get away with it most of the time. It's happened to is on many occasions where our player has been wrestled to the ground and nothing is given

Last edited:

Back