The Tinkerman is back

Then what happened the next season?
A club the size of Leicester was always going to struggle taking on the additional challenges of Champions League football with the resources at their disposal. The top clubs have been gearing up for this since the formation of the Premier League. It has been weighted against anyone outside of the top cabal from the offset. Blackburn got in early before the model was cast in stone.

To detract from what Leicester did, with Ranieri undoubtedly a massive feature, by calling it a fluke is simply asinine.

After he was sacked when they were a point above relegation?

Was he still managing then? Thought he got the bullet after Seville defeat?
Oh yeah forgive me, he got them through the group stage by some fluke then the caretaker manager came in and a week later had completely restructured the club from head to foot steering them valuantly through the home game v Seville, undoing all the destruction Ranieri had laid.

He is a very good manager, but I am not sure he is the man for a relegation fight
i agree,not many teams on that list were ever bottom 6 team's never mind the bottom team,anyone can see its the defence at fulham that is the problem,big sam would of pissed it with fulham,i still think fulham are a lot better than cardiff,huddersfeild and the scum and burnley,i expect them to survive alto i wouldnt of wanted him myself

Oh yeah forgive me, he got them through the group stage by some fluke then the caretaker manager came in and a week later had completely restructured the club from head to foot steering them valuantly through the home game v Seville, undoing all the destruction Ranieri had laid.
All while being 1 point above the drop.

It was weird but you don't fluke a 38 game league
Stars were aligned an all that. As I say the next season was a more truer reflection.

All while being 1 point above the drop.

Stars were aligned an all that. As I say the next season was a more truer reflection.
I'd take a run through to the quarter finals of the Champions League, after waltzing through the group stages, finishing top of the group and beating Seville in the knockout stages, then focus on the league as happened once Atletico knocked them out.

I'd take a run through to the quarter finals of the Champions League, after waltzing through the group stages, finishing top of the group and beating Seville in the knockout stages, then focus on the league as happened once Atletico knocked them out.
But that's not what we were really talking about though. You're quickly brushing his final league position under the rug.

Back