The Test

Or “The Test: A New Era For Australia’s Team.”

It’s a new docuseries on Amazon in the mould of Sunderland Til I Die that follows the Australian cricket team in the aftermath of Sandpapergate and all the way through to the end of last summer’s Ashes.

Out on 12th March I think.

Watched the first one last night, was alright I guess so will probably watch the rest

first impressions are that it was played up for the cameras, although I don’t mind Langer
Aye i watched the first 4 last night pretty interesting to see what goes behind the scenes.

I can't get into it like

not because I find them all dislikeable

So far, just not finding it very revealing, and just a bit bored of constant Langer one on one interviews referencing steve waugh and pointing

Yes its great, worth watching for the dressing room scenes after Stokesy s heroics, should have pressed the pause button after that:cry:, but worth a watch.

The longer the series goes on, the more Tim Payne comes across as a dick. Especially his press conference before Edgbaston and the team briefing the day after Headingley. If the cameras weren't there I think Justin Langer would've windmilled him

Going to have to unwatch it so I can hate Lyon again.
Aye, it seems like his public image is all a bluff, it had me convinced.
The longer the series goes on, the more Tim Payne comes across as a dick. Especially his press conference before Edgbaston and the team briefing the day after Headingley. If the cameras weren't there I think Justin Langer would've windmilled him
Surprised by that, I thought he came across really well, I have a lot more respect for him than I did before watching. I don't remember the briefing you're referring to (even though I watched it last night!).

Last edited:
Just watched the third episode, Finch comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke. Had to feel sorry for him when he failed to review one that umpire thought he’d gloved, seeing him explain the events to Langer like a naughty schoolboy, very funny.

Just watched the third episode, Finch comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke. Had to feel sorry for him when he failed to review one that umpire thought he’d gloved, seeing him explain the events to Langer like a naughty schoolboy, very funny.

Aye Fich is canny, heard from a fair few people I know who have dealt with him.

As a cricketer, he has the talent to play test cricket, capable of going really big

Never an opener like and that ruined any chance he had

Back