The State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I happened to turn over last night while waiting for the football just to catch the bit where the british bloke bottled cutting someone's head off, only for his mates to step in and do it for him.
That was horrific

These ISIS chaps almost look scary, with their camouflage jumpers and firing their machine guns into the sky every 5 seconds. I wish I was as hard as them, proper hardmen killing kids and women.

I'm glad it did get bleaker and bleaker, there was a fine line to be trod with glamorising the whole thing.

It didn't even get close to glamorising it. It was all about showing the picture painted to get people there was nothing but a lie.

Not that I'd expect UK television to do anything other mind.

Enjoyed it.

You sound surprised.

That bit right at the end where the Security Services bloke was giving that lass the lowdown and telling her to spy for him or not get her son back was priceless.

"You haven't exactly been a good mother, have you."

Her face.:lol:
"Let me go free, I've changed my mind"

- "I don't think so pet"

"You're just as bad as ISIS"

"Let me go free, I've changed my mind"

- "I don't think so pet"

"You're just as bad as ISIS"

Aye, I kna. A great moral equivalence there.

One party wants to kill you for leaving it's theocratic death cult and the other wants to try you and in-prison you for wilfully serving said death cult.

She did my tits in her like.

Reactions: CEF
I'm glad it did get bleaker and bleaker, there was a fine line to be trod with glamorising the whole thing.
It was done well. Start off all smiles, congratulating each other on their commitment and honour and then watch it get unpicked in the following episodes.

been watching it as intrigued

are they trying to make you feel sorry for the main characters or something by depicting it as them slowly coming to the realization it's not what they thought and they've made a massive mistake or something?

fuck them all

I watched the 3rd episode last night & my Mrs said she felt sorry for one of the male characters because it seems that he didn't realise what he was getting himself into. When I pointed it that he went to join with the same type of people who are killing more and more innocent people all over Europe & ruining thousands of people's lives, she didn't want to hear it.

The best possible outcome I could get from that conversation, was that the actor in question must be doing a hell of a job in acting hard done by.

Watched the lot start to finish on All4 last night. Thought it was excellent. Clever in the way it made you see the dawning realisation of two of the characters, but you still had utter contempt for them. That doctor who had every advantage life could offer and took her kid there, and the killer line at the end as posted upthread "well you haven't exactly been a good mother have you?" I also liked from the MI5 bloke, in answer to "I've changed my mind", he said "So what do you want do do, write an article in the Guardian?"

Watched the lot start to finish on All4 last night. Thought it was excellent. Clever in the way it made you see the dawning realisation of two of the characters, but you still had utter contempt for them. That doctor who had every advantage life could offer and took her kid there, and the killer line at the end as posted upthread "well you haven't exactly been a good mother have you?" I also liked from the MI5 bloke, in answer to "I've changed my mind", he said "So what do you want do do, write an article in the Guardian?"

Just finished watching it as well. I thought it was exceptional TV drama. Superb performances from the two leads in particular (Sam Otto is basically a newbie). I've got some criticisms. Not sure what the purpose of Ushna was with regard to quite a tight storyline, for starters, she seemed to disappear as it went on.

Just finished watching it as well. I thought it was exceptional TV drama. Superb performances from the two leads in particular (Sam Otto is basically a newbie). I've got some criticisms. Not sure what the purpose of Ushna was with regard to quite a tight storyline, for starters, she seemed to disappear as it went on.
I think they were trying to show someone who's belief in it just got stronger, but I agree that they could have developed this a bit more.

Strange subject for a drama to entertain us given they are still very much a threat.Need to put up with them but not give them any air time or coverage.They love it when we do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back