The Stadium Of Light Is Delighted To Announce Summer Sessions

I can’t get my head around how many people are getting upset at this. Nobody’s got a working knowledge of the financial risks or rewards, however, the one thing we seem to do is make financial decisions that aren’t “punts”. Why is everybody getting themselves worked up about losing money?

The other half of people are getting upset at the quality of the line up. IT’S NOT BEING PUT ON FOR YOU! It’s an event in an events venue. Aimed at a very obvious non-traditional football audience.

People are actually saying they’re embarrassed by it as well :lol:

I can’t get my head around how many people are getting upset at this. Nobody’s got a working knowledge of the financial risks or rewards, however, the one thing we seem to do is make financial decisions that aren’t “punts”. Why is everybody getting themselves worked up about losing money?

The other half of people are getting upset at the quality of the line up. IT’S NOT BEING PUT ON FOR YOU! It’s an event in an events venue. Aimed at a very obvious non-traditional football audience.

People are actually saying they’re embarrassed by it as well :lol:
It's literally making me cringe that this club think they can charge £32 to see Scouting for f***ing girls man :lol:

It's literally making me cringe that this club think they can charge £32 to see Scouting for f***ing girls man :lol:

Is it not the promoter assuming that? The club simply hire the ground, car park, or whatever out and the promoter takes the risk and makes the profit or loss?

Club makes money whether the event succeeds or flops, at least a few thousand people eating and drinking in or around the city on the day. What's not to like.

I mean aye the acts are a bit shit but you can't have everything :lol:

Is it not the promoter assuming that? The club simply hire the ground, car park, or whatever out and the promoter takes the risk and makes the profit or loss?

Club makes money whether the event succeeds or flops, at least a few thousand people eating and drinking in or around the city on the day. What's not to like.

I mean aye the acts are a bit shit but you can't have everything :lol:
I dunno mate. Probably will be I guess but it's associated with SAFC regardless.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable photos from the filth saying that everyone must be on shift at Nissan again.

I dunno mate. Probably will be I guess but it's associated with SAFC regardless.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable photos from the filth saying that everyone must be on shift at Nissan again.

Doesn't bother me tbh. I'd like to see massive gigs, and ones that appeal to me, but most of my mag mates aren't that type so any piss taking I see will probably just be us on here shaking our heads and saying "I told you it'd be shit" :lol:

The club don’t charge it man. The promoter books a tour, hires venues, charges punters to get in.

You should cringe you’re getting embarrassed about something you don’t understand

Last edited:
The club don’t charge it man. The promoter books a tour, hires venues, charges punters to get in.

You should cringe you’re getting embarrassed about something you don’t understand
It's still associated with SAFC like.

Edit: who is the promoter on this? No mention anywhere of any other involvement from what I can see.

Last edited:

Why do you care what daft mags post about gigs at our stadium? There's absolutely nowt they could say about anything that would bother me.

Back