the south shields owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those ones are definitely not in Sunderland, that is absolutely certain. They're a bit liberal with how they address their mail which should really be Tyne and Wear. The post office aren't stupid though and it always gets there.
I suppose it comes down to your definition of Cleadon and Cleadon Village. Many people take Cleadon to be the whole area of Cleadon which includes Cleadon Village as a part, others(mainly the village residents) prefer to separate the two(or three) distinct parts of Cleadon to maintain their exclusivity.

Yes but ............ are those businesses in South Shields, that's my question.

I believe that all of Cleadon is one, and the Cleadon i refer to is part of South Shields so in my opinion yes.
Cleadon Village itself has very small and tight boundaries, which do not include the AOL.
So, it can't be both. It's either Cleadon Village by itself (without the AOL) or Cleadon as a whole (with the AOL and the South Shields parts of Cleadon). Either way they aren't part of Sunderland.

I must head out for a while now though.

It's the Post Office's fault in allocating SR postcodes. Postally, yes, those businesses are reckoned to be in Sunderland. Administratively and governmentally, they're in South Tyneside. Cleadon Village can't really to be said to be in Shields - a quick glance at Google Earth shows clear open space south of the Ridgeway until you reach the Village.

It's the Post Office's fault in allocating SR postcodes. Postally, yes, those businesses are reckoned to be in Sunderland. Administratively and governmentally, they're in South Tyneside. Cleadon Village can't really to be said to be in Shields - a quick glance at Google Earth shows clear open space south of the Ridgeway until you reach the Village.

I don't believe they're in Sunderland but there's no way they're in South Shields.

I've never heard a single person, from Cleadon, ever say they live in Shields.

If they did they'd be Sand Dancers which they're obviously not and never will be.

Some of the houses in "Upper Cleadon" are south of the ridgeway and joined onto the farm at the top, all of which are in South Shields by every definition. The Water Tower grounds have all been converted into private housing and they're classed as South Shields.
You're correct about the road bit from the bottom, there is a field dividing them, albeit a small one. Just to add another armball, i think some parts of the farms are technically in both the "village" and "south shields".

You cant be a supporter if you have a second team, I'm a Sunderland supporter so fuck South Shields, I hope they crash and burn.

You arseholes who try to follow both SAFC and SS are football fans, fans have no emotional attachment, are dead inside and are basically scum.

You cant be a supporter if you have a second team, I'm a Sunderland supporter so fuck South Shields, I hope they crash and burn.

You arseholes who try to follow both SAFC and SS are football fans, fans have no emotional attachment, are dead inside and are basically scum.

Shields haters forum this shite

Yeah but, what's your point?

to really find out a distinctive answer about where the aol is situated we need to find out who cuts the lawns on the nature strip

south Tyneside or sunderland council

it could be possible that is actually in both councils

this is a regular occurrence following the formation of tyne and wear in the 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back