The Sopranos

My friend recommended it to me about 3 years ago. I was reluctant - I always I am. The more people rant and rave about something the less likely I am i to watch it, it just puts me off.

I watched The Sopranos..

Simply the greatest thing I ever watched - greatest show in terms of acting, writing, screenplay, story.....everything.

Was a very good decision to watch it. Any time anyone asks now 'Best thing you;ve watched I say' Sopranos'
Totally agree.

Best series ever made, IMO.

I'm now up to season 4 and will watch to the end. It's ok, I like it but still can't see The Emporers new clothes.
The acting is ok'ish, casting is a bit off. Storylines are predictable, it's slow paced. Overall it's a decent watch but the best series ever? Far from it.

I'm now up to season 4 and will watch to the end. It's ok, I like it but still can't see The Emporers new clothes.
The acting is ok'ish, casting is a bit off. Storylines are predictable, it's slow paced. Overall it's a decent watch but the best series ever? Far from it.
No offense mate but why are you bothering still watching it? Your description makes it sound pretty shite. :lol:

I have to hear which series is the best ever, and which actors are beyond OK in your opinion.

It may have aged a bit but the Sopranos literally redefined what TV could be, and the two lead actors carried more than half of it on their own.

My friend recommended it to me about 3 years ago. I was reluctant - I always I am. The more people rant and rave about something the less likely I am i to watch it, it just puts me off.
I watched The Sopranos..
Simply the greatest thing I ever watched - greatest show in terms of acting, writing, screenplay, story.....everything.
Was a very good decision to watch it. Any time anyone asks now 'Best thing you;ve watched I say' Sopranos'
I'm like this too. Hype ruins things. Breaking Bad being the one that leaps to mind. It was good, but couldn't possible match the hype, so I was a little disappointed.
Sopranos, nah, it was mint.
Woke up this morning. Nice.
Long time since I heard that.

Last edited:
I have to hear which series is the best ever, and which actors are beyond OK in your opinion.

It may have aged a bit but the Sopranos literally redefined what TV could be, and the two lead actors carried more than half of it on their own.

The technology among other things makes it feel of its time but as a programme it was absolutely groundbreaking.

I'm finding it difficult to believe anyone can criticise the acting, or casting for that matter. Gandolfini alone was magnificent.

:lol:

No offense mate but why are you bothering still watching it? Your description makes it sound pretty shite. :lol:
Purely based on the fact that it gets so well regarded by everyone else I feel I should keep going with it untill "I get it"

Band of Brothers, Game of Thrones and True Detective s1 off the top of my head are way better.
The technology among other things makes it feel of its time but as a programme it was absolutely groundbreaking.

I'm finding it difficult to believe anyone can criticise the acting, or casting for that matter. Gandolfini alone was magnificent.
Beyond Gandolfini who else was "magnificent" or close to that

Last edited:
None were "magnificent" imho. Soap opera quality stuff.
Paulie and the fella from the E Street band were both poor and not well cast and Ralphie was terrible.
Totally disagree. Soap actors don’t win the amount of awards that Edie Falco did for her work on it. She is superb.

Dominic C is also fantastic as his character’s health issues evolve during the series, totally believable.

If you don’t get any enjoyment out of Paulie’s character then I don’t know what to say :lol:

Totally disagree. Soap actors don’t win the amount of awards that Edie Falco did for her work on it. She is superb.

Dominic C is also fantastic as his character’s health issues evolve during the series, totally believable.

If you don’t get any enjoyment out of Paulie’s character then I don’t know what to say :lol:

Not to mention he was heavily involved in crime himself in his younger days, so fairly accurate casting I'd say!

Back