The Sopranos

I'm now up to season 4 and will watch to the end. It's ok, I like it but still can't see The Emporers new clothes.
The acting is ok'ish, casting is a bit off. Storylines are predictable, it's slow paced. Overall it's a decent watch but the best series ever? Far from it.

:lol: :lol:
I'd honestly say it was one of the best casted and acted shows i've ever seen. :lol:

One bloke has just said 'The acting is okayish'

I'd go as far as to say in my 10 years on the site that might be the worst post i've ever seen.

Last edited:
I'm still struggling to get my head round it..

It's in no way, shape or form 'soapy'.

The acting Gandolfini does without even speaking is incredible.

The way he's this overpowering, snarling, big-time Mafia boss one minute then this fragile, sensitive, almost weak man the next whe he's in the counselling sessions is unbelievable acting. The subplots between the characters, the writing, the characterisation...everything.

Edie Falco, Dominic Chianese, Aida Turturro, Nancy Marchand

janice is so underrated in the Sopranos.

she’s an amazing character and Aidas performance is absolutely top drawer.
I'm still struggling to get my head round it..

It's in no way, shape or form 'soapy'.

The acting Gandolfini does without even speaking is incredible.

james gandolfini’s performance is imo the best body of acting in any tv show or movie ever.

Last edited:
janice is so underrated in the Sopranos.

she’s an amazing character and Aidas performance is absolutely top drawer.

james gandolfini’s performance is imo the best body of acting in any tv show or movie ever.

The two bin dippers are right up there for TV show acting, her who starts out trying to kill Eve, and the bloke who bought a gun in snatch Tommy I think he was called, played Al in boardwalk empire as well, both absolute quality actors. Especially when you think they’re handicapped with that horrible accent they’ve got to try and hide.

But Jim Gandolfini plays a fantastic character absolutely perfectly 100% agree with you.

The two bin dippers are right up there for TV show acting, her who starts out trying to kill Eve, and the bloke who bought a gun in snatch Tommy I think he was called, played Al in boardwalk empire as well, both absolute quality actors. Especially when you think they’re handicapped with that horrible accent they’ve got to try and hide.

But Jim Gandolfini plays a fantastic character absolutely perfectly 100% agree with you.
You are talking about Stephen Graham. He is currently probably our top actor

stopped reading at your ‘bin dippers’ Tory drivel

Couldn't agree more but christ I f***ing hate that bin dipper carry on. :lol: Only ever see it on here narl.

I'd honestly say it was one of the best casted and acted shows i've ever seen. :lol:
For me it’s the best show ever, perfect alignment of casting, acting and writing. Listening to Imperiolis Talking Sopranos pod gives great insight into the incredible detail that went into every scene, from music to clothes etc, nothing is accidental here.
Not to mention he was heavily involved in crime himself in his younger days, so fairly accurate casting I'd say!
The bit where he has Christopher strip to show he’s not wearing a wire, and makes him take his duds of too, raises a sarky eyebrow and says “it’s like a cock, only smaller” 😂

Last edited:
This and The Wire are quite simply the best two series that’s ever been on TV in my opinion, so much going on in each episode it’s unbelievable. I’d be amazed if anything ever beats that 5th series of The Wire absolutely awesome stuff.

5th series of The Wire? Thats undoubtedly the worst of the lot imo. Huge drop off in quality compared to the 4th

Back