The Sopranos

Just watched the final episode tonight.
fantastic show from start to finish.
Can’t wait for the film.
Now read the masters of sopranos web page to blow your mind about that last episode.

By the way, it goes quiet/dark because Tony has been offed.

Now read the masters of sopranos web page to blow your mind about that last episode.

By the way, it goes quiet/dark because Tony has been offed.
David Chase was brilliant and often leads the viewer to draw their own conclusions like in Pine Barrens.

The ending is the same story. Make of it what you will.

David Chase was brilliant and often leads the viewer to draw their own conclusions like in Pine Barrens.

The ending is the same story. Make of it what you will.
Exactly this. You can decide what ending you want. I know there are theories that 'prove' he was killed. However, if there was any realism there was no way in real life that a hit would be planned and done in front of his wife and kids in a packed and public place - it simply wouldn't happen this way. There would be plenty of other opportunities to do it elsewhere if required.

Exactly this. You can decide what ending you want. I know there are theories that 'prove' he was killed. However, if there was any realism there was no way in real life that a hit would be planned and done in front of his wife and kids in a packed and public place - it simply wouldn't happen this way. There would be plenty of other opportunities to do it elsewhere if required.

Thats the genius of the ending, leaves it open

Who had him killed?

The New York beef was sorted with Phil being killed.

Carlo had flipped which shouldn't relate to Tony getting killed.

Who was after Tony at that point?

I know David Chase has called it the death scene.

Last edited:
Perfect television.

The performances of Gandolfini, Falco and Bracco are the benchmark every actor should aspire to reach.

Back