The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Call Of The Wild (2020). Another remake of a remake but still enjoyable to watch, although the CGI of the dog was a bit distracting and probably could have done without it. 6/10
Wonder Woman 1984. Enjoyed it, cannot see why it getting a lot of negativity. Not as good as the first but still far better than some of the other DC Cinematic Universe films. Nice cameo at the end by the original Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter. 7/10

Last edited:
The new Borat one - enjoyed it 7/10
Run - not overly good or bad 6/10
Greenland - A bit rambling 6/10
WW 1984 - 150 minutes of my life I'll never get back 3/10
Break Even - worth a watch 7/10
Unhinged - really enjoyed this one 8/10
The Hunt - another enjoyable one 7/10
The invisible Man - poor 4/10

‘12 Strong - 8.5/10

I’m a sucker for any war film, plus, I always try and imagine how people can cope in these situations.
This is based on true events, and on after reading up on it, the film sticks pretty well to the actual events.
Well worth a watch.

Just watched In Fear...canny tense, bit like an Irish version of the Hitcher.
The Hunt.
A dozen people get drugged and dropped in a situation where folk are trying to kill them.
Not very good at all. Seen a couple of 7’s and 8’s on here about it. Not from me
3/10
It's a perfect encapsulation of modern day polar political bias.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proxima 8/10
An astronaut goes through the rigors of final training for a lengthy mission whilst preparing to leave her daughter behind. Superb. Great acting.

Dredd 7/10
Been a while since I rewatched this but it's a note perfect update/correction about the 2000AD character. Shame it went as under the radar as it did or seemed to do as I wouldn't have minded another one.

Death to 2020 7/10
Canny. A bit harsh at times but hits the right spot I thought. Was pissed but giggled like a tit at times.

Proxima 8/10
An astronaut goes through the rigors of final training for a lengthy mission whilst preparing to leave her daughter behind. Superb. Great acting.

Dredd 7/10
Been a while since I rewatched this but it's a note perfect update/correction about the 2000AD character. Shame it went as under the radar as it did or seemed to do as I wouldn't have minded another one

Death to 2020 7/10
Canny. A bit harsh at times but hits the right spot I thought. Was pissed but giggled like a tit at times.
It’s brilliant. Very much a shame it didn’t make more money as that seems to be why they weren’t keen on doing another. Great contained story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back