The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsman : the golden circle.....erm not as good as the first one but enjoyable enough.
I'd score it a 6.5-7/10, the first one was a solid 7.5-8/10 as it was really good, thoroughly enjoyable film.
Taron is a WAD, he's a canny actor anarl. Loads of action, gadgets and what not.

Last edited:
Le Mans 66

very enjoyable. Didn’t feel like you were sitting for two and half hours. Bale was surprisingly good!

The arrogance of Ford was very teeth grinding! That marketing bloke who “suggested” the three car line up for photo opp deserved a good kicking!

Le Mans 66

very enjoyable. Didn’t feel like you were sitting for two and half hours. Bale was surprisingly good!

The arrogance of Ford was very teeth grinding! That marketing bloke who “suggested” the three car line up for photo opp deserved a good kicking!
Not sure why, he’s absolute quality.

Bombshell (2019) True story of a group of women who take on Fox News‘ head, Roger Ailes’ sexual discrimination. Quite an engrossing and disturbing to watch at times. Quite a decent cast, Margot Robbie, Nicole Kidman and Charlize Theron. John Lithgow as the slimy Roger Ailes. 8/10

Tenet
5/10

Complicated, non linear and vague in parts. I suspect this will get better with another watch. Loud as fuck though.
As an aside, the distancing in the cinema is class- 2 seats either side of us as kept empty- excellent for those of us who hate sharing armrests

The Owners. A daft but quite enjoyable violent romp starring Maisie Williams and a surprising turn from Sylvester McCoy.

6.5/10.

Episode 5 of the Double Reel Podcast coming out tomorrow, for you lovely people.

Includes a look at Tenet and why it's like the Backwards episode of Red Dwarf; why everyone in David Cronenberg's Crash clearly don't give a shit about their car insurance premiums; Spike Lee vs Quentin Tarantino and diversity in Hollywood; why you should all watch Kathryn Bigelow's Strange Days immediately despite the appalling 90s hairstyles; Akira Kurosawa's plans for a Samurai era pandemic film; and why Island of Dr Moreau stopped being a film about the dangers of human/animal experiments and became about Marlon Brando wearing an ice bucket on his head and doing piano duets with his Mini Me.

Tenet - I enjoyed it, thought it was very clever. No one makes a film like Christopher Nolan. Not his best work and I can see why people struggle with it, if you don’t keep up, you easily get lost.....I admit I asked my 13 year old daughter a few questions during it, about what was happening, which she answered as if I was thick “der”. - 8/10

#Alive - watched this on Netflix, Korean zombie film, can’t be bothered to explain the story but if you liked Train to Busan etc, watch this. - 7/10

Forrest Gump - 6.5/10 emotionally manipulative bullshit that stole the Oscar that belonged to Pulp Fiction. Tom Hanks still puts in a solid performance though.

The Devil All The Time
7/10

Set across the 50s and 60s, a tale of revenge and wrong uns. Tarantino in parts, minus all the black humour. Watchable

Beauty and the beast, beautiful family film, looked fabulous and it made me a bit emotional tbh - I'd give it an 8/10 I honestly enjoyed it that much 😍🥰

Interstellar 8/10

was the one Nolan film I hadn’t seen. Missed it in the cinema for some reason and can’t help feel I missed out by not seeing it there. Still loved it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back