The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltburn (2023)

Think The Talented Mr. Ripley but with a really bland twist that finds itself quite satisfying and clever, without being satisfying or clever. Jacob Elordi and Barry Keoghan do the best they can with the 2D characters they’re given. Tries and fails to shock its audience (bath tub scene and “blood” scene).

5/10

Blade 2 (2002)

Entertaining but falls quite short of the first film. The story with Whistler seems muddled and the lack of a sense of place (it’s supposed to be Poland? Eastern European?) lose it marks. Del Toro does his usual body horror thing. It’s fine.

6/10

Pray for the devil - netflix. Exorcism type narrative and enjoyable. Solid 7.5.

Aquaman 2 - Billy the fish but more action man like. It was alright, took the bairn as he disnt want to watch wonka. For some reason aquaman reminds me of power rangers but more serious.

Under Siege (1992)

Steven Seagal “acts” in “Die Hard on a ship”. Tommy Lee Jones is the best thing about this film but even he can’t save it from a lacklustre script and underwhelming ending. The final fight scene is laughably bad as two men just wave a knife about. Extra marks for a genuinely good set up and “bad guy” reveal, as well as some involvement from Miss July 89 :lol:

5/10

Aquaman 2, pretty poor, no charm or humour but the action was OK. Surprised Heard was in it, even though for seconds at a time.

incidentally, probably the worst cinema experience I can ever recall. Teen girls in front of me were on and off their phones all through the movie (texting and what looked like tiktok) and a young couple a few rows back managed to talk through the entire film, even the quiet bits. There were only about 20 people in a large screen. I've been in that screen when it has been packed and cannot remember distractions like that. Not the best start to my Odeon Limitless experience.

Aquaman 2, pretty poor, no charm or humour but the action was OK. Surprised Heard was in it, even though for seconds at a time.

incidentally, probably the worst cinema experience I can ever recall. Teen girls in front of me were on and off their phones all through the movie (texting and what looked like tiktok) and a young couple a few rows back managed to talk through the entire film, even the quiet bits. There were only about 20 people in a large screen. I've been in that screen when it has been packed and cannot remember distractions like that. Not the best start to my Odeon Limitless experience.
Just been to see this film, absolute pile of dross that's all I can say on it. 2/10 at best

No One Will Save You (Disney)

Young lass who’s outcast by her community tries to survive a home invasion by traditional (and some untraditional) green men.

Barely any dialogue and some dodgy effects but enjoyed it. Weird ending though.

6/10 for me.

You've just listed many of the reasons i haven't been to the cinema since 2007.
😁

That would boil my piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back