The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prey (2022)

The best Predator movie since the original. The original's still the best by far, but this is definitely better than all the other sequels. Well worth watching. 7/10

Prey (2022)

The best Predator movie since the original. The original's still the best by far, but this is definitely better than all the other sequels. Well worth watching. 7/10
Thought it was pap but yes definitely better than predator 2 which I've just watched and predators and the latest Predator 😂, god they've ruined it

The thing is excellent . Have you seen the prequel one from 2011? Not as good but tells the story of what happened prior to the dog escaping which you see in the original open credits . Must have been a straight to dvd as I didn't even know it existed

It was a wide cinema release. Originally they planned to do it with practical effects like Carpenter's film, but in the end either replaced them with CGI or or used CGI over the practical stuff. Shame because from what I'ver seen the practical stuff was great.

It was a wide cinema release. Originally they planned to do it with practical effects like Carpenter's film, but in the end either replaced them with CGI or or used CGI over the practical stuff. Shame because from what I'ver seen the practical stuff was great.
Can't find it any where, must have downloaded it a couple years back

Can't find it any where, must have downloaded it a couple years back
I saw it at Cineworld Boldon, but it's been on Sky and Netflix since. Just had a looks and it seems you've got to rent it now from the usual places. I thought it was canny (not as good as Carpenters of course) but the CG killed it a bit.
It's also on a double edition Blu Ray with the 1982 version. Canny value on Ebay at £7.99!

Logon or register to see this image

I saw it at Cineworld Boldon, but it's been on Sky and Netflix since. Just had a looks and it seems you've got to rent it now from the usual places. I thought it was canny (not as good as Carpenters of course) but the CG killed it a bit.
It's also on a double edition Blu Ray with the 1982 version. Canny value on Ebay at £7.99!

Logon or register to see this image
Trouble is I don't own a bluray player 😂

The thing is excellent . Have you seen the prequel one from 2011? Not as good but tells the story of what happened prior to the dog escaping which you see in the original open credits . Must have been a straight to dvd as I didn't even know it existed

Yeah, watched pretty much when it came out (Download), was alright actually, not same league as original, but when it comes to the sequel/prequal world of films, it doesn't stink like most.

I am a total horror nerd and found it absolute Cack.

Watch Ringu or It Follows instead.
Fair play for enjoying it though.

I love horror films, this was nothing I hadn’t seen before but still I enjoyed it. I’ve seen it follows, quite a while ago now though. I’ll check out Ringu 👍

I love horror films, this was nothing I hadn’t seen before but still I enjoyed it. I’ve seen it follows, quite a while ago now though. I’ll check out Ringu 👍
I liked the concept of it, like it was a different approach to the genre. I think they struggled a bit to find an ending but just about managed to tie it all up and complete the circle. I enjoyed it and would give about a 6.8 out of 10.

I liked the concept of it, like it was a different approach to the genre. I think they struggled a bit to find an ending but just about managed to tie it all up and complete the circle. I enjoyed it and would give about a 6.8 out of 10.
I always think it’s the thing that they seem to struggle with horror films, the ending. Watched many a good film ruined with a daft ending. I get what your saying the ending was probably the worst part but not sure where else they could go with it.

I always think it’s the thing that they seem to struggle with horror films, the ending. Watched many a good film ruined with a daft ending. I get what your saying the ending was probably the worst part but not sure where else they could go with it.
I thought the very end was good where without giving spoilers away they kind of tied everything up and ended that part of the chain, but the bits leading up to it were a bit silly, it worked better as an unseen mental thing rather than a physical manifestation.

It's as if they came up with a great idea, knew how they wanted to end it but weren't sure how to get it there and thought fuck it we'll just do it anyway and think of something when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back