The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope (2022) is aptly named, regretfully watched it last night and wasted 2 hours 15 mins of my life. Good for insomniacs.
It's crap like, even the the fact it's called Nope annoys me 🤣

Now I thought Maverick was excellent, wanted to hate it but just couldn't. Much better than the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it ,even our lass liked it and she doesn't usually give a shit about these types of films.

8/10 for me

Last edited:
Not much decent has came out lately so watched couple of films from recent years that I hadn’t seen.

Suicide Squad (2021)
Daft bit of fun, enjoyable 7/10

Sicario (2015)
Enjoyed it although expected a little bit more, found it slow in parts. Still a decent watch 7/10.

Not much decent has came out lately so watched couple of films from recent years that I hadn’t seen.

Suicide Squad (2021)
Daft bit of fun, enjoyable 7/10

Sicario (2015)
Enjoyed it although expected a little bit more, found it slow in parts. Still a decent watch 7/10.
Love scicario. One of those that if I’m flicking and it pops up I may watch again. Same for the sequel.

Love scicario. One of those that if I’m flicking and it pops up I may watch again. Same for the sequel.
I was late to the party with sicario, think the first time I seen it was probably 2020. Played through surround sound those raids and car scenes are pretty heart racing, should be sick of drug/cartel/gangster things by now but Sicario was class I thought
Watched Ready Player One again last night. Really enjoyed it. 8/10.
Great film, helps that's it involves the era I grew up in,the music, the film references and even the fact that it's probably the way things are going. I mean we got a vr headset last year and you can get lost for hours in it, spent hours catching fish and was genuinely buzzing when I caught a big one🤣

Last edited:
I was late to the party with sicario, think the first time I seen it was probably 2020. Played through surround sound those raids and car scenes are pretty heart racing, should be sick of drug/cartel/gangster things by now but Sicario was class I thought

Great film, helps that's it involves the era I grew up in,the music, the film references and even the fact that it's probably the way things are going. I mean we got a vr headset last year and you can get lost for hours in it, spent hours catching fish and was genuinely buzzing when I caught a big one🤣
Soundtrack is brilliant. So atmospheric.

No matter how many time you watch Ready Player One, there is always something else that catches your eye, eighties reference, movie or icon.

Re vr headset, I’ve got the PS4 one, first time I tried a free thing on it about deep diving cage that descends into cave and power is lost. Started to panic a bit when a big shark started taking an interest in the cage :lol::oops:

Ethel & Ernest [2016] 10/10
Hand drawn animated film, based on the award winning graphic novel by Raymond Briggs, is an intimate and affectionate depiction of the life and times of his parents, two ordinary Londoners living through extraordinary events.

Absolutely loved this - very touching. Jim Broadbent and Brenda Blethyn voice his parents. Only available on iPlayer until 9pm tonight, though.

Ethel & Ernest [2016] 10/10
Hand drawn animated film, based on the award winning graphic novel by Raymond Briggs, is an intimate and affectionate depiction of the life and times of his parents, two ordinary Londoners living through extraordinary events.

Absolutely loved this - very touching. Jim Broadbent and Brenda Blethyn voice his parents. Only available on iPlayer until 9pm tonight, though.

I put this on earlier to have a quick look as it expires at 9pm, as your recommendation, and have watched it all.
I agree with all you said, just wonderful, and the art-work.. wow!

Thanks for the recommending this as it would have passed me by.

Crimes of the Future

Viggo Mortensen and Lea Seydoux perform organ extraction in bodies in a future version of the world where people grow random organs. Aye, weird. And very boring. Usually like David Cronenberg but this wasn’t for me. 3/10

JAWS (IMAX)
The greatest film of all time in a new giant screen format, that somehow makes it even better than it was before. Absolutely fantastic in every way.
I'd urge fans to try and see it before it leaves cinemas this weekend.
There's also 3D version which I'll be seeing at the weekend, but I'd be amazed if it ends up being the better of the two.
Perfection: 10/10

A few oldies recently
Kill bill vol 1 7/10 was enjoying it until it got too silly at the end, will still watch the second one
Odd thomas quite enjoyed didn’t have to concentrate too much 6.5/10
Terminator 2 haven’t seen in ages, a classic 9/10
Source code good solid 7.5/10

JAWS (IMAX)
The greatest film of all time in a new giant screen format, that somehow makes it even better than it was before. Absolutely fantastic in every way.
I'd urge fans to try and see it before it leaves cinemas this weekend.
There's also 3D version which I'll be seeing at the weekend, but I'd be amazed if it ends up being the better of the two.
Perfection: 10/10
I had tickets for last night but got delayed at work. I’m gonna book again for during the week
Truly is the greatest film btw

The Town. 2010. Ben Affleck as directpr and actor. Boston USA bank robberies. Been meaning to watch for years and finally did on thursday. Good action sequences including getaway and the baseball ground scene is great. 8.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back