The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dune (1984). Thought I'd watch this again for the first time in a good while in preparation for the new one. Always had a soft spot for this film despite its flaws. Watched the Spicediver edit which is a fan reconstructed version that runs for 3 hours, and it definitely improved it over the bodged theatrical cut. It's still a mess mind, but a fascinating one to watch.
Where did you watch Spicediver mate?

Found it

Last edited:

Ammonite. Only given 6.5 on IMDb for some reason. I found it beautifully acted by Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan with a wonderful sense of period, hidden passion and desire. And Lyme Regis looked fabulous.

Watched this about a year ago. Agree. No violence, special effects or far fetched action. Just pure drama and good acting.

One of my all time favourite films. Went to see the the stage version at Theatre Royal about seven years ago. Brilliant. the whole cast carried it off.

What's this available on mate?
Diven nar..was on a flight, binged 3 films In emirates flight.

also watched Stillwater with Matt Damon , too slow but decent story 6.5/10...okay.

and Fatman,Comedy, Mel Gibson and Walter goggins, strange story about a kid hiring a hitman to killl Santa, sounded mint but apart from goggins hamming it up was meh...5/10

Reactions: mux
No Time To Die [2021]
8/10

I loved the first 2 hours. Craig and Seydoux are very good. The Cuba bit is fun. The forest part feels like the end of Skyfall. Then they tack on another 35 minutes which felt over the top. The last 5 minutes saved it, though.
Also, as much as I admire Rami Malek, his villian bored the s**t out of me and rambled the f**k on far too much. I didn't have a clue what he was saying half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back