The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality that @mux

enjoyed that ta!
Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did mate!
Blood red sky. - Netflix film

5/10 probably because i wanted it to be good.
In fact on reflection a 3.5/10. it’s a mess. Didn’t know what it wants to be….and even for a horror/action it’s just daft.

In fact boring myself typing this. Avoid. 2.5/10
At least I stick to my system man! ;)

The forever purge - similar to the other films 5/10

Fatherhood - Kevin Hart plays a new dad whose wife dies just after giving birth, decent enough 6.5/10

Fear St trilogy, would give the whole set 7/10 as it was well written even though parts of the movies were too drawn out. It isn’t a standard slasher series which I tend not too like.

Lawless

Tom hardy and Shia lebouf play a dodge pot family in prohibition USA. Proper hill billies but along comes guy Pearce as a federal marshal to piss on their Chips and basically it kicks off.

A weird cameo by the great Gary Oldman, like two or three short scenes. Awesome as usual camping it up as a notorious gangster.

Solid and enjoyable 7.5/10
Available on Netflix

Saw that a few year ago, thought he was the star of the show…
Bit ott but aye canny performance.

Hitmans Apprentice
When you come across a film with two British stars and you haven’t heard of it, there’s a reason. Because it’s gash

Jack O’Connell and Tim Roth in a poor thriller , Roth looks even more bored than usual.

Script is poor, story is simple but they still fuck it up.

On Amazon or Netflix if you really want to. 4/10.

Last edited:
Having a go at 'Seven Samurai'. Struggled to get a decent version and when i did the subs were shite. I converted it to play on a USB stick on the tv and it got 30 minutes in before saying file/audio not supported. Re-did it all and finally got to watch 1 hr 38 mins last night. Hypnotic stuff but had to get myself in the zone for it. Can see why it's rated so highly, found myself thinking about it on and off all day but also very very slow and daft in parts. Patience required but enjoying it!

Having a go at 'Seven Samurai'. Struggled to get a decent version and when i did the subs were shite. I converted it to play on a USB stick on the tv and it got 30 minutes in before saying file/audio not supported. Re-did it all and finally got to watch 1 hr 38 mins last night. Hypnotic stuff but had to get myself in the zone for it. Can see why it's rated so highly, found myself thinking about it on and off all day but also very very slow and daft in parts. Patience required but enjoying it!
If you haven't seen it, give Yojimbo a crack. Same director, but a bit more streamlined (under two hours), and i reckon it's an easier watch.

It got remade as a western as well, as a fistful of dollars with Clint.

Suicide Squad ( 2021 ) - 8/10

This was fun, no idea apart from Harley Quinn if anyone in this actually appears in the comic books but I really enjoyed it. Daft, not taking itself too serious but with plenty of action and jokes. Perfect Saturday night film to turn your mind off to

Stillwater

Matt Damon as a father trying to free his daughter from a Marseille prison. Lends very heavily from the Amanda Knox story. 6.5/10. 7 if I’m in a good mood.

Suicide Squad - Enjoyed it for what it was, action romp with weird shit going on I.e the star fish thing 7/10

Snake Eyes GI Joe - Not really my thing but got to the end, although by the end I hadn't a clue who was the good/bad guys and who was fighting who 4.5/10

Nomadland.
Watched it last night after reading great reviews, 94% on Rotten tomatoes.
Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful film.

“The siege of Jarotville” about Irish UN forces sent to the Congo to keep the peace. True story, absolutely unbelievable!
9/10

Last edited:
Suicide Squad - Enjoyed it for what it was, action romp with weird shit going on I.e the star fish thing 7/10

Snake Eyes GI Joe - Not really my thing but got to the end, although by the end I hadn't a clue who was the good/bad guys and who was fighting who 4.5/10
Nicely sums up The Suicide Squad for me, adding in that it is basically a comedy

Suicide Squad ( 2021 ) - 8/10

This was fun, no idea apart from Harley Quinn if anyone in this actually appears in the comic books but I really enjoyed it. Daft, not taking itself too serious but with plenty of action and jokes. Perfect Saturday night film to turn your mind off to
Enjoyed this too. So much better than the car crash that was the previous film.

James Gunn made a big difference

Enjoyed this too. So much better than the car crash that was the previous film.

James Gunn made a big difference

Ahh was it by him? that's who done Guardians Of The Galaxy wasn't it? explains it all then. I never managed to finish the 1st one it was an absolute mess of a film

We Have To Talk About Kevin - 6/10 - Very difficult subject to portray but thought it was generally well done, the jumping across timeframes worked and Tilda Swinton was very good as the mother of a child who becomes a mass murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back