The sky at present

Has anyone noticed these conspiracy theories in America claiming it’s the end of days today?

The eclipse coincides with some sort of CERN experiment in Switzerland and Mini CERN’s in America.

Gonna cause a catastrophic event.

Loads have camped out for days to get the best spots, it's like it's a major event in the US, Niagra Falls looks a good spot
One of my friends has gone up there (East Aurora in the Buffalo area) and another has gone out to Ohio - they might both be unlucky with cloud cover as the weather forecast first thing this morning had clear skies in southern Illinois / Indiana, then cloudy Ohio / NY, and then clear again Vermont / Maine

Has anyone noticed these conspiracy theories in America claiming it’s the end of days today?

The eclipse coincides with some sort of CERN experiment in Switzerland and Mini CERN’s in America.

Gonna cause a catastrophic event.
Wonder if they'll admit they were wrong if we're all here tomorrow? My experience of these weirdos is they've got a backup conspiracy theory.
Or NASA TV if you prefer

Also on iPlayer.
Got CNN international on, they are making a proper big deal of it. The amount of times they have told folk not to look directly at the sun must be in the hundreds! Are folks that dim they have to be constantly told this.
Gepettos mate. 😞

Last edited:
Got CNN international on, they are making a proper big deal of it. The amount of times they have told folk not to look directly at the sun must be in the hundreds! Are folks that dim they have to be constantly told this.
Trump did it in 2017 on live TV. Considering how many Americans think the actual sun shines from his arse and the fact those that follow him are quite often total whack jobs, I suspect even constantly telling them will still make no difference.

Back