The skies above the North East

skullmeister

Striker
I've noticed for a few weeks now some news items of people seeing some unusual things in the sky. You get these from time to time I know but for me these have increased recently.

Is there a cold war cat and dog game going on with Russian aircraft?

I'm not a fully signed up member of the tin foil hat club but for me there is something up

'I got chills up my spine': Woman claims she spotted a UFO above village

Experts think this black dot could be a UFO

'I thought it was a plane crash': Mystery over 'creepy' line in the sky

Finally a neighbour of mine posted this last night from a photo she took yesteday

Logon or register to see this image

There's an exercise called Joint Warrior going on at the moment. It's been very quiet with our vodka drinking pals recently.

As for the reports there, 1 is clearly bullshit. 2 looks like a bird to me or possibly a drone, there's nothing in that photo for scale, and 3 is what contrails look like in certain light conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed for a few weeks now some news items of people seeing some unusual things in the sky. You get these from time to time I know but for me these have increased recently.

Is there a cold war cat and dog game going on with Russian aircraft?

I'm not a fully signed up member of the tin foil hat club but for me there is something up

'I got chills up my spine': Woman claims she spotted a UFO above village

Experts think this black dot could be a UFO

'I thought it was a plane crash': Mystery over 'creepy' line in the sky

Finally a neighbour of mine posted this last night from a photo she took yesteday

Logon or register to see this image
What’s up with the picture she took like?

Just loads of trails, maybe not the best bit of evidence but was just an example of something that someone has seen that caught her eye as being something she hadn't seen before.

I live under the flight path for Newcastle Airport and see trails like that quite often.

Nothing going on at all. Facebook lunatics now being converted into stories for the chronicle.
The quality of the chronicle is the real cause for alarm here.

Trails are dependent on the temperature and humidity levels of the air. The form easier and last longer on some days than others. If I remember correctly, clear spring days typically have cool air helping condensation and lots of mositure from the sun on the surface water, which holds contrails for longer. A typical sign of this is when the sky looks pale blue, rather than the deep blue you get on a summer day. As a result, seeing wide long lasting trails in April is a sign of physics doing its job, rather than anyhing sinister.

“Seeking answers on Twitter, Dan was told not to rule out the possibility of aliens.”

:D :D

I'm not against it as such. I think it's overwhelmingly likely we're not the only 'intelligent life' in the universe, and I'd love to see compelling evidence. As we learn more about our galactic neighbourhood though, it's increasingly apparent that our planet is nothing special. Why would we be visited by aliens?
Working in the aviation industry I'm also highly aware of how elaborate the tricks your eyes and brain can play on you are.

Nothing going on at all. Facebook lunatics now being converted into stories for the chronicle.
The quality of the chronicle is the real cause for alarm here.
This ^^^^

Give it a week and it’ll be on the Jeremy Vine Radio2 show ala the local nutter & the Gateshead Streetlights... :rolleyes:

Me being a nerd on occasion like to fire up me flight radar when there's a noise overhead. I'm top end Chetta so also on the flight path for Pontyland. I always watch out for the 777 from Dubai as small (big) things oo-er please me and it's the only biggun we get.

However on occasion flight radar shows nowt even though there are some mighty rumbles and trails up there. Now it never used to be like this. It's the f***ing Russians I tell you and us after them. Lining up Lumley Castle and the Cricket Ground as target practice nee doubt - wish they'd make it Horner's and the Market Tavern with all the scratters in between but we can't have everything

That second link is interesting.

I’ve been in London this week but the missus was at home and filmed a light in the sky the other night. It was pitch black so this small light stood out...it fluttered like a bird but seemed to jump long distances across the sky in a fraction of a second, flashing in and out of vision and moving at impossible angles.

I don’t normally get immersed in this type of thing but there was definitely something weird going on.

People are getting a bit hysterical about Nibiru at the moment aren’t they:

Is Planet X real, what does Nibiru mean, when was the world meant to end and what is the SpaceX conspiracy theory?

Last edited:
That second link is interesting.

I’ve been in London this week but the missus was at home and filmed a light in the sky the other night. It was pitch black so this small light stood out...it fluttered like a bird but seemed to jump long distances across the sky in a fraction of a second, flashing in and out of visiob and moving at impossible angles.

I don’t normally get immersed in this type of thing but there was definitely something weird going on.

People are getting a bit hysterical about Nibiru at the moment aren’t they:

Is Planet X real, what does Nibiru mean, when was the world meant to end and what is the SpaceX conspiracy theory?
Conspiraloons, nothing more nothing less.

Back