The Repair Shop .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye ,he's a bit style over substance
Cleanest apron ever and works with a tight blazer on
Good show with very clever people .I could do with less of the tearjerker stuff on the repairs .

Jay has been on that programme where a lass reclaims stuff from a tip and gets people to turn someone else tat into something a bit more arty farty. His 'special' skill is cleaning up a dining room chair and painting one of the legs half pink or green or something with drips on it. I got the impression that was ALL he did

Last edited by a moderator:

We are consumers now.
I’m not. I won’t replace anything until I’ve tried to fix it first. This year I’ve repaired an iPhone, a hudl, some led lights, a car key blipper, a bike, and a bog roll holder. I’ve also serviced my car and built a PC.
It’s crazy - you can learn how to do almost anything on YouTube these days, yet less people than ever bother.

I’m not. I won’t replace anything until I’ve tried to fix it first. This year I’ve repaired an iPhone, a hudl, some led lights, a car key blipper, a bike, and a bog roll holder. I’ve also serviced my car and built a PC.
It’s crazy - you can learn how to do almost anything on YouTube these days, yet less people than ever bother.
Love to but I'm useless.

I love it.
It's just the perfect programme.
The stories, the amazing restorations and the reactions.
I'm quite taken by the leather lady also.

Jay has been on that programme where a lass reclaims stuff from a tip and gets people to turn someone else tat into something a bit more arty farty. His 'special' skill is cleaning up a dining room chair and painting one of the legs half pink or green or something with drips on it. I got the impression that was ALL he did
Yeah
I've seen him .Rubber gloves on to varnish stuff etc .Who dresses like that to graft?
That's a canny show too but whoever buys the stuff at the prices is from Mars

This for me too, I love trying to repair things (with varying degrees of success). Fixed an old camera lens I bought cheap, an amazon kindle (which I then left on a plane), a few guitars, an IPod nano with a duff battery (I fixed the battery but broke the screen putting it back together so slung it out anyway) and both the kids laptops. My lad has just bust the screen on his Samsung Galaxy S7 (I think) and I am thinking about having a go at fixing that if the parts aren't expensive - I watched a video on replacing the screen and it looked challenging so if the bits are pricey I won't bother.

I love it.
It's just the perfect programme.
The stories, the amazing restorations and the reactions.
I'm quite taken by the leather lady also.

It was really sad when she got very upset when she dealt with the rocking horse, which the owner's husband had left a message under the saddle after he had removed it to do a repair in the 80s.

The husband had recently died from cancer, which was very poignant for Leather Lady because her husband had also died from the disease.

She seems like a lovely lady, as does her brother, the clockmaker.

In fact all of the repairers come across as being very caring and, of course, incredibly talented.

Oh, and I have a thing for the teddy bear ladies!

It was really sad when she got very upset when she dealt with the rocking horse, which the owner's husband had left a message under the saddle after he had removed it to do a repair in the 80s.

The husband had recently died from cancer, which was very poignant for Leather Lady because her husband had also died from the disease.

She seems like a lovely lady, as does her brother, the clockmaker.

In fact all of the repairers come across as being very caring and, of course, incredibly talented.

Oh, and I have a thing for the teddy bear ladies!
I got really upset at that episode, it was very emotional and touching.
I absolutely love the show, I do up cycling myself normally jazzing up clocks or mahogany furniture that's not to my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back