THE REPAIR SHOP - Tonight on BBC 1, at 8pm

• Thread starter Deleted member 2014
  • Start date

Best programme on the telly. Perfect for sticking on when you need to take your mind off all the shite that's going on out there. I lay on the settee on Sunday and watched 3 episodes on iplayer. I was in my element.
We're about to get underway. Do love it like

I'll do a catch up thing, as it's new, and record the rest of the new series. Typical of the BBC, putting on two or more things I like at the same time for the 6th or 7th time this week, the bastards!

Thoroughly enjoyable as ever - hell those people have got some patience and great craft.

I want to runaway to a desert island with Suzie Fletcher- she can bring her saddle and I ll bring me soldering iron.

Thanks for the heads up. Will watch in bed on iplayer. Perfect for turning shitty work days better. It’s such a feel good, nostalgia filled, warm happyfest isn’t it?
It's class. I would probably sit and watch an entire restoration from start to finish! It's proper cathartic seeing something get cleaned and fixed up to almost new again. Especially good when it clearly means the world to someone as well. I usually avoid all the overly emotional shite on tele these days but this is about as real as it gets.

I wouldn't have wanted the bullet damage repaired on the crucifix. Re-join the two pieces securely but leave the rest.
I said exactly that. And I’m going to go out on a limb here and say I actually think she fucked it up with what she did. The bits she put in looked gobby in contrast to the intricate detail of the rest.

Back