THE REPAIR SHOP - Tonight on BBC 1, at 8pm

• Thread starter Deleted member 2014
  • Start date

I've always wondered if they pay for the restoration? I would imagine they have to sign something to say they won't sell the items?

Over-sentimental these days, I loved it when the concentration was on the work being undertaken - the back stories seem to take up more and more of the show these days and my interest is waning.

Over-sentimental these days, I loved it when the concentration was on the work being undertaken - the back stories seem to take up more and more of the show these days and my interest is waning.
Still an enjoyable show but I agree with your point. The more recent popularity of the show (compared to when it was tucked away in afternoon scheduling) has driven a focus on the emotional stories. Just look at this thread as an example of this attention. It's not so subtle/natural now - the presenters directed to ask certain questions to the owners of the items to try and draw a few years out. Guess that's prime time TV for you. Still a decent program as they still show the expertise of the repairs being done.

Back