The plane fly past is back on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK people, here's the info.

The original thread was put into spam by a mod who only saw the title. The reason it was put it in there is that the site doesn't want to be associated with random fund raising in case it ends in tears for whatever reason which could tarnish the image of this site.

Obviously the MH17 fund was on this site for a long time but that had snowballed before any action could have been taken. The gofraudme settings are there to stop people setting up random funding attempts when mods aren't around to remove the threads. From my point of view I couldn't get in touch with Roger until this morning and he couldn't fully explain the background until this afternoon.

The fundme page has now been updated with a good picture and simple explanation of the reason for raising the funds. Therefore can you please promote this via facebook and twitter than directly from this site.

Cheers Keith

OK people, here's the info.

The original thread was put into spam by a mod who only saw the title. The reason it was put it in there is that the site doesn't want to be associated with random fund raising in case it ends in tears for whatever reason which could tarnish the image of this site.

Obviously the MH17 fund was on this site for a long time but that had snowballed before any action could have been taken. The gofraudme settings are there to stop people setting up random funding attempts when mods aren't around to remove the threads. From my point of view I couldn't get in touch with Roger until this morning and he couldn't fully explain the background until this afternoon.

The fundme page has now been updated with a good picture and simple explanation of the reason for raising the funds. Therefore can you please promote this via facebook and twitter than directly from this site.

Cheers Keith

ALS are actively promoting it via twitter & Facebook so what's the issue? ALS are happy to promote it but their own messageboard doesn't want anything to do with it? Just seems odd to me. As for the gofraudme settings. Surely it's possible to remove the link completely rather than changing fund to fraud instantly making out that the person involved is attempting to fraud other Sunderland fans. Out of order to suggest that without any evidence! Thanks for chasing things up but it's still poor form from the mods.

ALS are actively promoting it via twitter & Facebook so what's the issue? ALS are happy to promote it but their own messageboard doesn't want anything to do with it? Just seems odd to me. As for the gofraudme settings. Surely it's possible to remove the link completely rather than changing fund to fraud instantly making out that the person involved is attempting to fraud other Sunderland fans. Out of order to suggest that without any evidence! Thanks for chasing things up but it's still poor form from the mods.

ALS doesn't own this site iirc there mate

This isn't ALS's message board but they have a partnership in it.

thought this site was an add-on (if that's the right term?) to the fanzine?

No, this site was going for ages before any affiliation with ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back