The Penny hasn't dropped.... for either of our clubs

While just trawling through some footy stats on the net (its sundee arvo and not much happening here at the minute) I saw the amount of Managers Everton and Sunderland have managed to plough their way through in the aftermath of Harry Catterick at our joint, and Alan Brown at SAFC. Those blokes, (Catterick and Brown) seemed to be at the clubs forever and (in my humble opinion) typified continuity and stability at our respective clubs. Alan Brown spent (over a couple of stints as boss) 11 years in charge. Catterick had 12 years in the Goodison hot seat. It would seem that both men, were overtaken in tactics etc. and the game appeared to pass them by. But since that time our clubs have employed managers via a revolving door.... 31 managers at Sunderland..... 19 at Everton!!! I don't know about any of you folk, but I find it depressing to see the pattern of "appoint-sack-appoint-sack...set on rinse and repeat" I wonder just when the penny will drop for these balloon heads in charge??!!
Brown was the 6th manager in our history

Good managers who perform are given time. Bad managers get sacked. There can always be mitigating circumstances but in the main that's the rule. If any.of our failures had been half decent we'd not have sacked them.

Back