The Official FIFA 11 XBOX 360 & PS3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online is f***ing infuriating. The very very slight delay in the speed you get online compared to offline makes it impossible.

Over and over again I find myself keeping the ball for 20 passes then losing it at the edge of their box,they then rush up the pitch and score. However if you don't do patient buildup you simply don't score.

Fuck off. :cry:

Loving it personally like. Doing mint in the career mode, 6th with sunderland halfway through. I rate Elmo like. My one problem with it is i'm playing on legendary and i should really be struggling but i'm not.

What's really annoying me is that they've put so much focus on making you pass and build up moved it's almost impossible to counter attack.

I think I've had one 1v1 so far and all my goals seem to be coming from headers and it's making the game predictable and one dimensional.

finished 6th me first season with the lads having only signed albrighton
gave me a bit money for next season

brought in Crouch, Montilivo and Hutton so far

Finding the transfers a bit broken. I go to Noble to try to offer him up for loan, and it asks me if I want to recall Mvoto from loan. It asks me about the wrong player for most of the team. So far, up to 3rd on Pro level as player manager. Only signed one player on loan, Fabio IIRC, from man u.

Playing as Bradford in league 2 with my VP up front, love it. Proper lower level football, misplaced passes, scrappy football with the occasional moment of class.

Playing manager mode on world class with SAFC. I'm mid table currently, but can't score goals. Had about six 0-0 draws. I beat Blackpool and the scum though, a second half Bent penalty did for the mags. Riveros is class in the middle like, controls the game if you get him on the ball. I just can't get the pace of the game up and move the ball quickly enough to get in on goal. The keepers are ridiculously good too.

Any tips on breaking teams down? I'm not really a skill player either, if I learned to do fancy dan tricks etc would it make much of a difference?

Playing manager mode on world class with SAFC. I'm mid table currently, but can't score goals. Had about six 0-0 draws. I beat Blackpool and the scum though, a second half Bent penalty did for the mags. Riveros is class in the middle like, controls the game if you get him on the ball. I just can't get the pace of the game up and move the ball quickly enough to get in on goal. The keepers are ridiculously good too.

Any tips on breaking teams down? I'm not really a skill player either, if I learned to do fancy dan tricks etc would it make much of a difference?

try and pull opposition players out of position, one thing I've noticed is if that happens when you are attacking you are more likely to score, watch for the runs of your players as well, very important. Try different ways of trying to score as if it's not working the first time, it more than likely won't work the next time unless you do it better...not really great advice, I just play how football is normally played - anyway that works.

Im exactly the same mate I have laods of possesion but cant score! The only way I have done is crossing the ball I cant get through the middle.

Havent played since 09 so just getting back into it really.

Got bored of my season with the lads so started one as Man City. Signed Ronaldo, kalou, fabregas and a few other gems. I find that I either tear the arse out of teams 5-0 or 6-0 or I either draw 0-0 with teams sticking 11 men behind the ball.

Finished my season with Sunderland there on world class. Simmed from december to may and came 9th which is decent. Got an offer from Fulham and went there. Signed Elmander and Ryan Nelsen. Won both friendlys so far.

I'm busy trying master the game with everything on manual settings. Finding crossing the hardest to do. Used to play fifa 10 on semi-assisted, but want to go 1 step further this time, thru balls are much better manually done.

What settings are all you lot using?

I'm busy trying master the game with everything on manual settings. Finding crossing the hardest to do. Used to play fifa 10 on semi-assisted, but want to go 1 step further this time, thru balls are much better manually done.

What settings are all you lot using?

Everything assisted apart from shooting and crossing.
Could never do all manual like. :oops:

Beat Sheff Wed and Walsall (I think) in the Carling Cup but it took a home win against Sheff Wed in Johnstone Paints Cup for the board to award me £3k extra on my transfer budget for doing well in the Cup.

Was messing around with the Budget allocation last night. Took my £1.4million and reduced it to £1million with the difference going to wages. I think that they will come in very handy when signing players in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back