The North East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its absolute shite like but I've stopped getting too angry about it. I've been distracted by my renovation so its not affecting me too much. But I'll get back to being radgy again when I read about more friends losing jobs and local pubs and restaurants struggling.

And I've barely given Xmas a thought which is awful as I've got 2 kids. I just can't get excited for it this year. Missus has sorted everything.

There is light at the end of the tunnel but at the minute it feels like that is further away than I thought. The optimism of the vaccine has faded and I'm doubtful spring/summer 21 will be back to anything normal.

Its absolute shite like but I've stopped getting too angry about it. I've been distracted by my renovation so its not affecting me too much. But I'll get back to being radgy again when I read about more friends losing jobs and local pubs and restaurants struggling.

And I've barely given Xmas a thought which is awful as I've got 2 kids. I just can't get excited for it this year. Missus has sorted everything.

There is light at the end of the tunnel but at the minute it feels like that is further away than I thought. The optimism of the vaccine has faded and I'm doubtful spring/summer 21 will be back to anything normal.
I’m the same. The vaccine news lifted my spirits but as time goes on I have horrible thoughts something is gonna fuck up somewhere with it. We’ll see though.

I've tried to use it to do all the things I didn't get time for/got too distracted by other things to do. I'm cooking a lot more as opposed to eating out, I'm reading loads and watching films I never got around to where I used to fritter away hours in the boozer. I'm working at home on occasion which gives me more time to get stuff done in the house and spend time with the kids. The one thing really doing my head in is that it's pissed it down virtually every day for a fortnight, and its depressing as fuck being stuck in the house without being able to get any fresh air.

I know it sounds daft but try and look at the positives. Think of all the little things we've took for granted before now. Plus in X amount of months/years we can look back and say "I did my part", there should be a small amount of pride in that.

I know it sounds daft but try and look at the positives. Think of all the little things we've took for granted before now. Plus in X amount of months/years we can look back and say "I did my part", there should be a small amount of pride in that.
I’m guessing here, but the next two weeks my well be the hardest two weeks of the whole crisis for a lot... Christmas can be hard at the best of times for a million different reasons...

140k had the vaccine now and the pace should pick up as they're getting things in place. It's absolutely shite now but you've just got to keep plodding away at it, once the lighter nights start rolling in we should be close to some sense of normality.

Gunna be a slog like.

I’ll post what I posted on another thread mate, but once Oxford is approved the light at the end of the tunnel starts to get very bright

It's a shame, but I wouldn't say I'm depressed. It could have been a lot worse - for some I'm sure it will be.

I love Christmas and everything that goes with it, but if this one has to be a bit different then so be it. I'm quite looking forward to a couple of weeks off, watching films, going for a few walks, eating crap and having a drink in the house with the wife. I saw Beamish mentioned up the thread - I am planning on going there one day and hopefully getting meself a bag of fish and chips whilst I'm at it. I'm getting a new amp of Santy to play with anarl - quite excited 'bout that.

I haven't seen me mates since August - some of them since March and probably before that. Gutted not to have our Christmas day out but we'll make up for it I'm sure. We did plan a little Tier 2 get together which has obviously been put on the back burner. I wanted to do a little live stream Christmas gig with a couple of the lads as well but that's been knocked on the head too. I have a plan in mind to hopefully celebrate us beating this horrible thing in the New Year so hopefully that will pan out sooner rather than later. I love me mates, n I miss them, but we're in conversation all the time on Whatsapp and we've got the rest of our lives for gannin' out on the hoy. My weekly 7 aside has started back up as well - I've not been back yet but plan to in the New Year.

The bubble thing has completely fucked my usual Christmas & Boxing Days. The decision's been made not to go to my mam's for dinner Christmas Day, and not to go to me Dad's for dinner on Boxing Day. It's gutting for all involved but what can you do. I'm lucky to still have me mam after what she's been through with this virus, and she'd prefer to wait it out 'til things are safer. As for me Dad's it's adding too many households into the equation, and I'm not about to stop toeing the line now for a beef dinner and a pissup. It's not worth the risk, and I've seen what the consequences can be.

Ha'way the vaccines and 2021.

Last edited:
Were gonna be stuck in teir 3 for the rest of winter arent we....

Is any fucker else depressed at that thought its kinda dawned on me today I don't actually feel positive about anything anymore even with 2 kids I can't say I even feel.the slightest bit of excitement for Christmas day its also my 40th on new years day which unless I break the rules is gonna be fairly shite.

There really is nothing to look forward to at the moment like
Are these the same fu***** complaining that we are allowed to mix over Christmas?

Come on you cant have it both ways.

Best part of a year more of this shite.

It's a disgrace that on the same numbers London goes into Tier two whilst we remain in Tier three.

No chance many of the pubs and restaurants up here are surviving a December without takings.

Fuck off Boris. Fat shite.
Their only hope is that once it opens up people spend like they would have at Christmas.

It’s a real shit situation but I do think we’ll be completely done with this by summer in 2021 (although don’t quote me on that)!

A lot of the country are angry with the tories and Boris now from this, so there’s a small bit of good news. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back