1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

The National

Discussion in 'SMB' started by chunkylover53, Jan 10, 2019.

1. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

Top hipster!

2. Microtonal Banana

Microtonal Banana Subs Bench

Probably one of my favourite bands

3. dangermows

dangermows Striker

I was at the front with the nanas :cool:

4. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

A bit of both.
    They've been out a fair bit leading up to Christmas and over the holidays so the lasses have been round a fair bit, "ooh try this, ooh I;ve brought this round".
    Then when they go out there's half empty glasses left for me to mine sweep.
    Not because I like gin - I was actually pretty minging off it years back so never touched it for ages - but I like the early stages of drunkenness and hate booze going to waste. :oops:

Edit - Ginsters :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

I've given these a few goes now mind (I've got them on now just in case) and I cannot get away with them like.

6. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Fair enough marra, I didnt think you woudl tbh, but at least you havent just listened once and binned them. I remember listening to a few singles and thinking "fucks people like these for?" then one evening I had Boxer playing, on repeat, and it just clicked. Same with Joy Division. Never got the fuss either. Now two of my favourite bands (on the flip side some of the bands I used to love have now been left on the shelf).

Im sure you have found even with a fave of yours Dylan, that some records/songs that didnt initially grab you very much have crept up on the rails and you now love?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

Same here. I just can't see anything there.

8. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

I would describe it as a droning dirge with blinking lights.

9. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Which is fine. Doesnt mean those that do like them are just pretending. If you name a band you like, and I dont, are you pretending to like them or am I pretending not to like them?

10. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

I only get to listen to albums in the car and I'm only in the car for about 20 minutes at a time. I probably found listening to music easier when I was house sharing and there were different peoples tastes flying in. Very rarely get to listen to any new artists now. I;d posted recently about never having heard of some recent festival headliners. :neutral:
    My fault, I suppose, as I could always go out of my way. Life gets in the way sometimes though.

11. Gideon Gungeon

Gideon Gungeon Striker

four way tie between secret meeting, conversation 16, mr november and pink rabbits imo mate

12. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Aye, all fair points there mind. Suppose its the way of the world. Me and missus dont bother much with TV so usually have music on tbf.

Both tremendous iirc there mate

Gideon Gungeon and HABA87 like this.
  13. jacko100

jacko100 Striker

ah you really need to be there imho, saw them in a really small venue in Dublin last year and they were superb, the energy he brings to the stage is incredible

dangermows likes this.
  14. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

Correct - but there were others that grabbed me beforehand. Despite what a few people on here seem to think, Dylan at least has a change of pace.

15. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

I don't think you're pretending to like them. I think that they're the kind of band that people attach themselves to in order to appear cool or informed.

16. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

:lol: Don't marra. Plenty more interesting fish...

17. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Wouldnt work with.my mates, they've never heard of them :lol:

Mackem00 likes this.
  18. jacko100

jacko100 Striker

you have my sympathies!

19. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Great comparison mate. Have a like.

Gideon Gungeon likes this.
  20. dangermows