The most you have spent on a single item on eBay

£500 on Kevin the Carrot

I have a phone here with Flappy Bird on that hasn’t been played if you’re interested :lol:

Actually I did know someone in about 2002 ish who refused to allow people to use his phone to play Snake on the basis that his phone would be worth thousands if it hadn’t been played :lol:

I buy items on eBay now and again but mostly small beer stuff, say up to £50, cos if it all goes wrong I can write it off and forget it. CBA with disputes and the like.

That said, I did once spend £1000 on a 20ft shipping container. And then another poxy £150 to get it delivered.
A million for an Olympic torch.

2 Take That tickets for the first gig at the SOL. Paid something like £350 about 9 months before the concert and was promised they’d be sent when received which was about a week before the concert. Got the tickets as promised but didn’t know you only had 6 months to open a dispute so the lass could have kept the cash and the tickets. Thank god she was honest.

Still no really embarrassing replies. Non from me either; buying kitchen taps for £27 squidles and the valve was made of shit and many coats and shirts that I'd never fit in to 40 years ago.
Drink and false illusions cost me, but nothing to shit about.

My best buy was a GTX 690 graphics card for £600 when they cost £950.
I bought a watercooling block for £10 ( normal cost £123) because the guy chickened out of fitting it to his graphics card because the card was so expensive he might have ruined it.

My best buy was a GTX 690 graphics card for £600 when they cost £950.
I bought a watercooling block for £10 ( normal cost £123) because the guy chickened out of fitting it to his graphics card because the card was so expensive he might have ruined it.

Bought an audi cabriolet and the chrome section around the gearstick was scratched off a ring. Audi wanted £95 plus labour. Someone was selling one a fiver on ebay.couldnt believe it!

Back