The most Sunderland phrase you can think of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the early 70's I knew a student from out of town who was at the teacher training college and was running a playscheme for the kids in the holidays. He told me he was shocked on the first day of the playcheme when some of the older kids asked him if he had any "tabs" as he thought they were asking for drugs, Later he realised that "tabs" were cigarettes

I told a woman I worked with in Yorkshire a few years ago "I could really use some Ket now" and she was horrified " I didn't know you took drugs".

I can honestly say that I've lived in Shildon for about about 22 of my 27 years on this earth, and never once have I heard anyone say "marra". Some people must if you've heard it but it would sound very odd to me if I heard it there. People say "mate".

I live just outside Bishop Auckland and I know plenty of people who say it. It definitely didn't take the SMB for me to learn the word.

Never heard of Marra until posting on this Board.
Like the NE accents.
:lol:
We're borderline unintelligible to outsiders when mob handed. It's class when you're abroad or even down south and you notice someone trying to earwig. :lol:

Someone on here in the old days once recalled he'd once uttered the sentence " how mam, man, divven't man"
Haway man woman man, had ya pash. Yall gan up in a bloo leet ya fuckin' radged bassa. Niver mind arl ya gissy and gallower braying crack, wind ya fuckin' neck in afore a whip that bastard cracket from under the chebble and wrap it round ya canister. You're a f***ing casing obsessed cheb.

Last edited:
Giz a bite a ya gook. "I say could I have a taste of the core of your apple? " :)

Giz a couple off " I see you are smoking would you kindly let me have two inhales of your cigarette ". :lol:

Eeeeee nor man!

Eeee can mean amillion things up home

Eeeeee - I'm sorry that happened
Eeeeee - yer having a laugh
Eeeeee - fuck off man yer lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back