The Met: Policing London

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. My guess would be that if it happens to you, you don't know how to be a father and leave. From what I understand if you have married parents and have graduated high school, the difference between black and white families average earnings is next to nothing. Apart from Nigerians, who kick arse at everything.
A quick Google seems to point to lower marriage rates.
Bring back the married tax allowance. That’ll solve everything.

Black kids are far more likely to have absent fathers than other ethnic groups, with more single parent than married parent households. David Lammy seemed to think that's a cause for higher crime and I tend to agree. I wish I knew what the answer was.
Ethnic cleansing.

If you removed all the blacks, 100% of crime would be committed by the non-blacks.

Last edited:
During the notting hill carnival one lad was complaining of the police being racist because he had watched 6 people being stopped and searched, only one being white.
Isnt that to be expected though seen as the majority of people there were black.
Only going by what was shown on the programme so I could well be completely wrong. Haven't got any stats to back that up.

During the notting hill carnival one lad was complaining of the police being racist because he had watched 6 people being stopped and searched, only one being white.
Isnt that to be expected though seen as the majority of people there were black.
Only going by what was shown on the programme so I could well be completely wrong. Haven't got any stats to back that up.

Good point - I get searched at almost every away game - the majority that get searched are white , because the majority of attendees are white.

I don’t mind get searched- especially at Molyneaux - Big Brenda from Tipton is especially thorough and actually fancies me.

I don't know. If Sunderland fans were stabbing folk, would you be upset at being searched going in to the ground? I have mixed feelings. Maybe targeting areas and anyone in the age range most likely to offend would be fairer.
I would be happy to be searched if there had been an issue at our ground or anywhere else for that matter as the cops would find nothing.
They should also now increase sentencing to say 15 year for carrying a knife ( and you serve it) .Seems there is no fear and too many young lives being lost .

Absolute disgrace that two officers are off the street for the best part of 5 hours dealing with the mentally ill woman, there has to be a better system.
@duff_man ?

Major failings in the healthcare system with regards to mental health and outdated and inadequate legislation available (MHA is from 1983) are two main reasons.

5 hours believe it or not is probably the lower end of the scale from officers getting to a location and using S136, organising a mental health unit for assessment, arranging LAS to transport the patient there, handing over and completing paperwork.

People would be surprised how much police time is actually taken up by mental health, some recent stats I saw were as high as 33%. Then people get arsey about police not turning up when their £10 garden gnome has been nicked.

Major failings in the healthcare system with regards to mental health and outdated and inadequate legislation available (MHA is from 1983) are two main reasons.

5 hours believe it or not is probably the lower end of the scale from officers getting to a location and using S136, organising a mental health unit for assessment, arranging LAS to transport the patient there, handing over and completing paperwork.

People would be surprised how much police time is actually taken up by mental health, some recent stats I saw were as high as 33%. Then people get arsey about police not turning up when their £10 garden gnome has been nicked.

As I said in my original post.. Disgrace (the system not the coppers), there surely must be a better system. :confused:

As I said in my original post.. Disgrace (the system not the coppers), there surely must be a better system. :confused:

You are right it is a massive disgrace. Police aren’t medical professionals and what someone in a mental health crisis needs more than anything is a medical professional.
It used to be that police stations were classed as places of safety and due to the shortage of mental health beds they were often used. Is a police cell an appropriate place for someone in crisis? We used to treat people worse than animals in that respect, not because we wanted to but there was no other choice.
I know of cases where someone has been detained by police and sectioned by a hospital in London and the nearest bed on a mental health ward was in Manchester. How can that be right in a first world country?
This country is sitting on a ticking time bomb with regards to mental health, and that is just the public. The armed forces and emergency services even more so.

You are right it is a massive disgrace. Police aren’t medical professionals and what someone in a mental health crisis needs more than anything is a medical professional.
It used to be that police stations were classed as places of safety and due to the shortage of mental health beds they were often used. Is a police cell an appropriate place for someone in crisis? We used to treat people worse than animals in that respect, not because we wanted to but there was no other choice.
I know of cases where someone has been detained by police and sectioned by a hospital in London and the nearest bed on a mental health ward was in Manchester. How can that be right in a first world country?
This country is sitting on a ticking time bomb with regards to mental health, and that is just the public. The armed forces and emergency services even more so.

..and generally the public do not realise just how much police manpower this takes up, I know the programme (and yourself) have opened my eyes to the problem. Here's hoping a solution can be found. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back