The Met: Policing London

Status
Not open for further replies.

I watched those two lads ( well one of them ) punch that poor lass unconscious to steal her bag..they then said she had life changing injuries .All for a credit card and a few quid ..horrific ..that's someone's daughter.

They are. About 4 times the crime rate and 3 times the murder rate for black people. Asians about the same as white people.

Then what’s the problem with extra searches for blacks if they’re statistically more likely to commit a crime. The police would be completely neglecting their duty to protect the public if they didn’t act on this vital piece of information.

Then what’s the problem with extra searches for blacks if they’re statistically more likely to commit a crime. The police would be completely neglecting their duty to protect the public if they didn’t act on this vital piece of information.
I don't know. If Sunderland fans were stabbing folk, would you be upset at being searched going in to the ground? I have mixed feelings. Maybe targeting areas and anyone in the age range most likely to offend would be fairer.

Of course I wouldn’t. Whenever I’ve been to areas on high alert for terrorism I’ve accepted that I will be searched more than normal

My concern is that if you chose people to search based on skin colour, they may well resent the police. And I'm not sure you could blame them.
They can but if people with the same skin colour are commuting more crime then that’s the issue that needs sorting. Additional searches may well help reduce crime for blacks if theirs an increased risk of stop and search for them.

They can but if people with the same skin colour are commuting more crime then that’s the issue that needs sorting. Additional searches may well help reduce crime for blacks if theirs an increased risk of stop and search for them.
I suppose the other factor is that blacks are killing other blacks, so those being stopped could look at it as being kept safe. Like the bloke in the video posted earlier.

I suppose the other factor is that blacks are killing other blacks, so those being stopped could look at it as being kept safe. Like the bloke in the video posted earlier.
Exactly, but I’d be amazed if a single black person seen the logic in this. Not because the can’t see logic, but because it’s natural to jump to the assumption (correctly) that you’re being penalised based on skin colour.

Black kids are far more likely to have absent fathers than other ethnic groups, with more single parent than married parent households. David Lammy seemed to think that's a cause for higher crime and I tend to agree. I wish I knew what the answer was.
My concern is that if you chose people to search based on skin colour, they may well resent the police. And I'm not sure you could blame them.
It’s not based on skin colour though, it’s based on facts.

The McPherson Report ( Stephen Lawrence case) concluded that the Met were guilty of “ institutionalised racism “.

There were also issues with stop and search and concerns about profiling from the black community.

The Met have been treading carefully since - it’s a tinderbox waiting to go off.

However failure to stop and search at the heart of the issue has increased knife related killings enormously.

I m sure that if I were in that area I d welcome a police presence.

Black kids are far more likely to have absent fathers than other ethnic groups, with more single parent than married parent households. David Lammy seemed to think that's a cause for higher crime and I tend to agree. I wish I knew what the answer was.

Are there any ideas as to why black fathers are more likely to piss off?

Are there any ideas as to why black fathers are more likely to piss off?
No idea. My guess would be that if it happens to you, you don't know how to be a father and leave. From what I understand if you have married parents and have graduated high school, the difference between black and white families average earnings is next to nothing. Apart from Nigerians, who kick arse at everything.
A quick Google seems to point to lower marriage rates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back